Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ixfd64

stuff you do when you're really bored

So you've tried all your Doom levels, and new levels don't seem too appealing. Are there any things that you do for fun?

Well, I have a few:

1. I'd try "stealth missions" around levels. I'd try to catch enemies by surprise and see how many I can kill without being noticed. (ie: shoot a rocket "around the corner") Though enemies will become active when you use your enemies, it's still fun to get them before they can get you.
2. Get various enemies to fight each other (level 29 from Plutonia) is a good place to do this.
3. Make your own enemy arenas for #2.

Are there any things you guys do for fun?

I'd love to hear them!

I like to work on circus667.wad when I'm bored. Its turning out to be a one level TC but unfortunately I haven't been very bored lately.

Watch TV or an movie, listen to music, drive around in my car, play some games, go map for doom, visit my friends.
Im hardly never bored besides ive got an full time job aswell.

Bored? Bored? I can't remember when I last had enough time to be bored.

Either coop, dm or make more wads of course..
I never get bored of doom, and i've been playing it since 93. Doom 4 Life

Btw this is my 200th post, go me :)

Enjay said:

Bored? Bored? I can't remember when I last had enough time to be bored.

You got that right. I've only been "bored" during holiday if I'm out of town. The concept of "bored" is a relatively recently manufactured state of mind that one can easily avoid.

I go bore some holes into the boring room at the borehole. When I'm really bored, I'll look into that hole and see what's in it, to see how far I've bored. I wonder if it's possible to bore Doom? Hey, someone make a boring game! We definitely need more boring games! We don't want to get bored with shooting demons all the time... :O

i have given thought too that and created "colisuem". A WAD in which i have an enormous pit filled with monsters. in case of boredom i watch them fight each other. monster massacres are awesome:)

Monster massacre's seem to be a favourite. When I'm bored, the old idclip comes in handy. Enter a room full of monster's, fire off a few shot's then retreat behind a wall to watch the mayhem. That, and chemically enhancing oneself and going for a idclip wander through the digitised nothingness of the worldbeyond the framework of Doom levels.

HWGuy said:

Definitely monster massacres with -fast and -respawn and idclip and god mode.

well then it would take too long. usually, i like to see which "team" of monsters would be the last standing.

besides, i don't want to wear it out.

baronofhell said:

I sleep when I'm bored. Either that or I'll step out back and have a cigarette and think of something to do.

Don't smoke cigarette it kills. When I get bored I try to put games what not work to work. (I put Classic DooM3 work on 3Hours. HEH!)

i spend an hour or two dreaming my own mystical world in my mind. No body could ever under stand it.

does tieing a rope to a spoon and stabing a steak with it nailing it to a plank help u get what i mean man?

Shtbag667 said:

I like to work on circus667.wad when I'm bored. Its turning out to be a one level TC but unfortunately I haven't been very bored lately.

Sounds like you need a team. I'm really looking foward to the sequel.
Please don't say that that the later parts will suck though. :(

I visit doomworld forums.
Seems like I'm not the only one doing that when I'm bored...

rebdoomin said:

i spend an hour or two dreaming my own mystical world in my mind. No body could ever under stand it.

does tieing a rope to a spoon and stabing a steak with it nailing it to a plank help u get what i mean man?

No, but watching Salad fingers does.