Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CodeImp

Doom Builder 1.68 released

And it's about time, isn't it?! While 1.67 has many extra features which mappers asked for, it turned out to be a nightmare for everyone. 1.68 mainly fixes a lot of bugs that appeared in 1.67, but also comes with a few new features. For an overview of all the changes, see the changelog. As usual, you can get a patch or complete setup installation for free at the Doom Builder downloads page.

Question: if I turn off "show only used textures", can I still get to them with TAB?

No, when the option "Always browse all texture and flats" is ON, you will always see all textures and flats, TAB won't do anything in your texture browser. When this option is OFF, the texture browser shows you only the textures already used in the map (because most often you use the same set of textures in a map) and TAB will show them all. Thats how it works.

Great stuff CodeImp! I was just starting to think Builder was being abandoned! :)

Thats not going to happen in this Doom Builder major version. It simply isn't made for displaying slopes. I'd have to rewrite at least the whole 3D mode to get this done properly, but I don't have that kind of time anymore.

Don't suppose it'd be possible to view 'things' in 3d mode in the next version?

Sweety day, lovely time!

Here in Brazil, it's the day for lovers, and 2 hours ago, I was giving my present to my wife...

And now, how we could thank you for your wonderful tool?!?
Maybe, if I simply tell you:
"Merci, Pascal!"

I can assure you that you made happy a lot of guys, and, quite surely, you changed the way to enjoy Doom by improving drastically the possibilities to build and to debug maps!!!

How do i change what thing i am placing? i couldnt see any shortcut key, and when in things mode it only seems to let me place player 1 starts. Also if you place more than one the extra ones seem to be invisible (in 3D and 2D mode), which means i cant place them and then turn them into something else. Also "unidentified" things do not show up in 3D mode, they could be represented by a generic sized grey block containing a question mark maybe?

To change what you're placing, simply double click the thing or right click it. You'll get a menu with all the actors of the game to choose from.