Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Weird Al fans I have news!!

Weird Al has released a song FOR FREE from his unreleased/unnamed upcoming album! It parodies James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" and its called "You're Pitiful"

get it here: http://weirdal.com/

(NOTE TO MODS: This isnt fake OR illegal, it is 100% legitimate, got informed cause im on the weirdal.com mailing list)

LMAO. that was a good one. I like how he had all those "places" you could dl it from. pretty funny.

If only he would do a DOOM song.

He could have done it to The Cars that go BOOM.

I've been into him since I was 5 or 6, when ever it was that he came out, and he's not changed a bit.

insertwackynamehere said:

It parodies James Blunt's "You're Beautiful" and its called "You're Pitiful"

SWEET! "You're Beautiful" is massively over-rated so it's about time someone ripped the piss.

*downloads*

EDIT: *listens* Two words: fucking win.

I truly despise that song. It's amazing that nobody has offered Mr. Blunt $1,000,000 to replace his vocal cords with those of a babboon. I think that's the only way his singing could get better.

Great rendition by Weird Al, though! That was hilarious.

I knew Weird Al still had it. Win.
I remember WALMART playing this song over and over on their televisions. I hated it the first time I heard it, and walmart made sure of it. The guy can't sing at all, it sounds like some American Idol reject.

From Ask Al:

Garrett Fritzler of Denver, Colorado asks: First I want to say that I think the music you do is great, and even though I like the songs you make fun of, I love your versions even more. But my question is, do you write all the stuff on this website? I know you write the feedbacks to the questions, but what about everything else?

I write the Ask Als, the FAQ, the News and the updates on the splash page… Bermuda writes most of the “funny” captions in the Gallery, compiles the obsessive lists and selects the Fan Art. Pretty much everything else on the site is either written by him or me.

Jeremy McCarthy of Fairfield, CT asks: Hey Al!!!!! What do u think about Napster? I just want to know if you approve.

I have very mixed feelings about it. On one hand, I’m concerned that the rampant downloading of my copyright-protected material over the Internet is severely eating into my album sales and having a decidedly adverse effect on my career. On the other hand, I can get all the Metallica songs I want for FREE! WOW!!!!!

The man couldn't stop being cool if he tried.

EDIT: Strange...

Tim Sloane of Ijamsville, MD asks: Al, which of these purchasing methods should I use in order to make sure the most profit gets to you: Buying one of your albums on CD, or buying one of your albums on iTunes?

I am extremely grateful for your support, no matter which format you choose to legally obtain my music in, so you should do whatever makes the most sense for you personally. But since you ASKED… I actually do get significantly more money from CD sales, as opposed to downloads. This is the one thing about my renegotiated record contract that never made much sense to me. It costs the label NOTHING for somebody to download an album (no manufacturing costs, shipping, or really any overhead of any kind) and yet the artist (me) winds up making less from it. Go figure.

EDIT2: Stranger. What I just posted is now up on Slashdot. Hello, submitter!!