Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Onthedot

Online Play?

This might be a dumb question but how many people use zdaemon for on-line play? if not, what do you use? PS: i'd also like to know if there's a way to run zdaemon through, say, jdoom. that'd be great!

Onthedot said:

PS: i'd also like to know if there's a way to run zdaemon through, say, jdoom. that'd be great!

Nice try, but it simply won't work. You're gonna have to get used to "ugly" graphics if you want to play on ZDaemon.

ZDaemon certainly has the playerbase, but just about all of the major ports have some sort of multiplayer support. The hard part is finding people to play with, especially if you're using something like Legacy or ZDoom.
With ZDaemon, it's pretty easy to find someone to play with, as the launcher has a built-in IRC client and the server browser tells you exactly who is in each server.

Skulltag is the other major multiplayer Doom port. For Skulltag, if you're looking for people to play with, you can use the in-game server browser to see if people are playing. The skulltag IRC channel ( irc://irc.oftc.net/skulltag ) is another good place to meet up with Skulltag players.

EarthQuake said:

ZDaemon certainly has the playerbase, but just about all of the major ports have some sort of multiplayer support. The hard part is finding people to play with, especially if you're using something like Legacy or ZDoom.

For Legacy, you can check the master server status page to see what games are currently running. Also, there's a plugin for mIRC which allows you to launch and announce multiplayer games from within the IRC channel.

[QUOTE]EarthQuake said:
[B] "The hard part is finding people to play with, especially if you're using something like Legacy or ZDoom."

Wait, you can do multiplayer through zdoom? here's my scenario: I have 2 computers connected via network. I wan't to be able to play multiplayer between the computers with USB gamepads (Nyko Airflo is what it's called). Zdoom works the best with the gamepads, or so i discoverd. Can Zdoom do network play?