Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KennyJC

Nearly there... some screenies

Haven't given up on it. Went on holiday for 2 weeks and sat about doing nothing for another week. But started back on it again and it's about 80% done.

Looks good, reminds me a bit Master Levels. Keep it up.

These are pretty good! My only suggestion (Detail wise, I don't know how gameplay is) is to use some realistic lighting, such as shadows or at least some gradient lighting.

Looks awesome. It gives off a very nice 'oldschool'-ish feeling, and I like it that way, so I wouldn't add any more detail if I were you. =)

Tango said:

Looks awesome. It gives off a very nice 'oldschool'-ish feeling, and I like it that way, so I wouldn't add any more detail if I were you. =)

What if he's not trying to go for an old-school style? This map doesn't look very oldschool to me. (Not enough crappy texture alignments)

Actually it is intended to be old-school. I've never been much interested in modern day wads as I play Doom purely for nostalgic value.

This map is heavily influenced from Romero's Doom2 style.

KennyJC said:

Actually it is intended to be old-school. I've never been much interested in modern day wads as I play Doom purely for nostalgic value.

This map is heavily influenced from Romero's Doom2 style.

I can definitely spot the Romero influence. I see a lot of The Living End and The Abandoned Mines. The Living End is one of my favorite iWAD maps, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Looks good, although you might want to look at your lighting. The walls underneath the fire in shot 2 shouldn't be bright, only the floor.

I've been waiting for this, with the right gameplay, could be a blast. Don't forget Co-op support!! :D