Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doom432

Is there a way to play 3 or more player co-op?

Using the same computer??? I play co-op with my sis using the same computer (she uses keyboard, i use wireless controller) using doom legacy launcher. I was wondering if 3 player co-op is possible using the same computer. The third player would use the mouse and un-used keys on the keyboard. This should be no problem since before I had the wireless controller she used the keyboard I used the mouse.

I recently downloaded the Deus Vult wad and when I load it with doom legacy launcher it has 1,2,3,4 player options (although for some reason I can't chose any of those options when I press the down arrow on the keyboard, instead if goes into the original doom menu options instead of moving up/down in the Deus Vult options)

Is 3 player co-op available and does anyone know how to work the Deus Vult options? sorry if this has been asked before I did a search and I found nothing about this, thanks for the help

As far as I'm aware, it's not possible. Not yet anyway. Legacy 2.0 is currently in development, but once it's finished, it should support up to 16 player splitscreen.

16 player split? you know, four 500 MHZ computers wouldn't hurt either. \I can't imagine three people on the same computer. :( I can understand two, but that was Coop doom2 with an old buddy of mine. he had the joystick, I had the keyboard+ mouse.

Csonicgo said:

16 player split? you know, four 500 MHZ computers wouldn't hurt either. \I can't imagine three people on the same computer. :( I can understand two, but that was Coop doom2 with an old buddy of mine. he had the joystick, I had the keyboard+ mouse.

With the number of USB gamepads/joysticks/whatever you can use at the same time, it's not a problem. Plus, it's cheaper than buying old PCs.

DoomGL (iirc) support 4 player splitscreen. But it was the same DoomGL that was used to make ZdoomGL back in the day, and that sucked hard. So, don't use it.

DooMAD said:

As far as I'm aware, it's not possible. Not yet anyway. Legacy 2.0 is currently in development, but once it's finished, it should support up to 16 player splitscreen.

That is awesome. Do you have any idea as to when Legacy 2.0 will be released?

Csonicgo said:

I don't think its a problem as long as you have a monitor that is 17 inch or bigger and at least 1 wireless controller (if you have 2 you are set). The minimum requirements would be:
1 person can use the keyboard, player 2 can use the mouse + the keys next to the numlock key (to prevent any problems by having player 1 use everything to the left of the numlock key), and the other player can use a wireless controller.

doom432 said:

That is awesome. Do you have any idea as to when Legacy 2.0 will be released?

It's difficult to provide any sort of realistic estimate, chances are it won't be for a while yet.