Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Quasar

Eternity TC Officially Cancelled

Wow that's a load of links.

I'll take a look the next time I get more than a few MB free. I remember getting really interested when the screens of Kurtis' map were first posted years ago. If that was any indication, there ought to be a lot of good/salvageable stuff here.

I dunno :P When you're a punk teenager, some things seem so cool, yet when you go back and look at them at 25 you realize they were horrible and amateurish >_< Much of the stuff I found stowed away in there was of that nature.

Also, some of the stuff in there is already released. There's the Gothic DM texture set, some Nick Baker textures, and of course some Heretic and Hexen stuff.

Perhaps of note are some textures from DGevert's cancelled TC project -- I think it was called Mortality. These exclusive textures were donated to Eternity TC when that project shut down and I don't think they've been seen before.

There are some new sprites too. Ebola's rendered weapons are fantastic IMO. The crossbow begs to be used. The Death Imp really needs somebody to step up and finish him too. If somebody finishes the sprite, I'll provide the EDF to make him work like he was supposed to :) There are some lesser things like a scientist, a guard, and Halif Swordsmythe's in there too.

I have an updated version of Adam Williamson's map somewhere on my hard drive... but that was for Mordeth E2 and used those resources so it isn't too useful. I mostly just added some lighting and changed textures, didn't change the layout at all. Eh.

This might provide me with some ammo for another Heretic map thingie.

Not sure if you'd be too excited about seeing your epic, scripted adventure turned into a Hell Revealed-style slaughterfest, though.

I realized my Hellraiser spoof crossed with Aliens TC tribute map "Minos Space Station" has been left out of the release. I'll see if I can't find it somewhere :P

EDIT: Woops, it's in the levels-unused archive by mistake, but it is in there. I think I eliminated it from the level plan at some point though, since ETC went from being about time-hopping to just being about the Halcyon. I had this entire map planned out on paper, but I doubt I still have the plans for it -_-

Just a note: in the music zip, DarTek and Eternity3 are made by your truly iirc.

Yeppers ^_^ Most of the other music in there was made by Wisp, who is not a community member now AFAIK.

I remember wisp too. :O He made a music peice for Nimrod (The outro/endsequence music FYI)

I am old. But I still got hair. :D