Do you use emulators?

Do you emulate something>  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you emulate something>

• Yes.
    • No.
    • What is emulation?

AirRaid said:

And previously I have used ePSXe to play the PSX versions of the THPS series. But that's about it.

Is the framerate any better than the actual playstation now?

Bloodskull said:

Is the framerate any better than the actual playstation now?

That will never happen

kc32 said:

Leileilol:

Does Goldeneye work with 1964?

I'm using Project 64 and the damn doors won't open.

yes

ARE YOU EVEN USING THE USE KEY

A quick question that hopefully someone will know... For PS1 there was an asian sword fighting game that was basically a 1 hit kills scenario. If you knicked a leg or arm though that limb would go limp, you could also throw sand in their eyes, it was pretty sweet but I can't remember the name of it (nor can I find it) any Playstation gamers know?

It's funny how you are permit to talk about illegal stuff in this thread, such as commercial roms, when you are almost directly banned if you talk about other warez.. (The old "If you do not own this game, you must delete in in 24h" is homemade and does not apply, you are not allowed to carry backups of most commercial games.)

Emulation is good, especially for homebrew and so.

Kinkyfriend said:

It's funny how you are permit to talk about illegal stuff in this thread, such as commercial roms, when you are almost directly banned if you talk about other warez.. (The old "If you do not own this game, you must delete in in 24h" is homemade and does not apply, you are not allowed to carry backups of most commercial games.)

Emulation is good, especially for homebrew and so.

Nobody is banned for talking about warez unless they're talking about spreading it or asking for it.

Kinkyfriend said:

Crap

Tht bloke was banned because he was offering warez. I don't see anyone doing it in this thread. Also note that emulators themselves (the topic of this discussion) are not illegal. Maybe you should go back to whining about danij being mean or something.

Go get a brain I'd say.

Kinkyfriend said:

(The old "If you do not own this game, you must delete in in 24h" is homemade and does not apply, you are not allowed to carry backups of most commercial games.)

Heh, man, I hate when people quote that. It's complete bull. The only type of rom that is allowed is one you dump yourself from a cart you own to your own hard drive. You can't "test-drive" one for 24 hours. It's just something people made up to feel better about pirating roms.

Luckily, I don't feel bad about it.

alexz721 said:

Heh, man, I hate when people quote that. It's complete bull. The only type of rom that is allowed is one you dump yourself from a cart you own to your own hard drive. You can't "test-drive" one for 24 hours. It's just something people made up to feel better about pirating roms.

Luckily, I don't feel bad about it.

Even that is not considered legal in most cases, due to the fact that they were never meant to be backuped etc.. The legal roms are, homebrew ones. And those made free by companies.

Hello. I'm emulating ZX Spectrum (maybe I will learn BASIC? )now. But I had to format my HDD ( maybe I did gramatical mistake ? ). The best freeware Speccy emulator is Spectaculator 5.3 (release 6 nad up are commercial ones) but if you want fore simplified emulator- use ZX32.
I'm thinking about emulating Commodore 64.

Spectrum - RealSpectrum-0.96.27 or EmuZWin-1.6 (sucks but has general sound support)
Atari 8 Bit - Atari800Win-4.0
Atari 16 Bit - Steem Engine-3.2
Commodore C64 - WinVICE-1.19
Commodore 264 Computers - YAPE-0.63
Amiga - WinUAE-1.2
Amstrad CPC - WinAPE-2.0A8 or WinCPC-0.9.22
Enterprise 128 - Enterprise32-1.19

Hope you agree with that or you're damned to use sucky emulation. Needless to say i own almost all boxes emulated by those programs.

I run emulation for MAME and I think that's about it because my SNES still works. And I don't really like ROMs...they...feel different; it's like comparing masturbation to sex, really.

Of course they're different, they don't run exactly like the original game, the sound is off beat or skips (like Valkyrie Profile, that game sounded horrible until I figured out how to setup the sound for it correctly, boy was that a pain in the ass), and they don't look the same, either.

For me, emulation is the best and the most optimal solution out there, because...

1.) new consoles keep coming out every single Christmas season, and it's a real waste of money, and I'm sick of seeing this cycle being repeated over and over again.
And besides, don't you folks ever run out of storage space in your closets and your basements for preserving all those old consoles?

2.) most good emulators have a quicksave/quickload feature, which the actual old cartridges never had. Since there are days when I only get about 2 hours of spare time to play a game, this feature comes in real handy.

I've experienced very minor sound fx problems, but they weren't very frequent and they didn't disturb the experience too much.

I'm a fan of Sonic the hedgehog, so the emulators I use are:

GENS 1.52 - for Sega Genesis and SegaCD 16-bit ROMs
MEKA 0.72 - for Sega Gamegear 8-bit ROMs
VisualBoy Advance 1.8.0 - for Nintendo GBA

I also use DosBox 0.63 to play Wolfenstein3D, Spear Of Destiny, and Blake Stone.