Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bardcat

GL ports, md2 models

I've seen quite a few different MD2 models for Doom. What I HAVEN'T seen are high resolution textures and whatnot.

Anyway it's been a really long time since I've messed around with that sort of thing.

What port supports these two features and where might I downloaded resources such as high resolution textures and md2s?

Doomsday, GZdoom and zdoomgl all support textures that I know of. You can grab the JDTP files from http://forums.jfiles.org/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=10 if you want textures. Also available, the high res UI (though it only works on doomsday)

Gzdoom also supports models, but it doesnt yet have a pack (and probably wont until the models are good enough to start sharing)

I'm not expert, but I've personally found Risen 3-D and Doomsday have the most user-friendly support for md2's. Gotta warn you about the high-res textures though: They're done by various artists so there's massive inconsistency in terms of the quality and professionalism of the textures. I personally don't use it.