Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Gun control

My Senior Soc teacher says we are going to go to war with Iraq in May. Then we'll all get drafted and die. Gee, she's such an optimist.

On a lighter note, FIRST POST ON THE FOURTH PAGE (for me anyway).

My Senior Soc teacher says we are going to go to war with Iraq in May. Then we'll all get drafted and die. Gee, she's such an optimist.

She probably hates men and would be happy to see you die...
Hm, maybe not.

AND SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

Does this sound like fig newton
A Tommy is just a Tommy(tommy gun) , but bombs are fun to make.

OH, and i was thinking today, back on Columbine,,, why did those kids use pipe bombs and not a school bus or something like oklohoma. Would have done more damage. could they have? NOt that i condone it all, or even like the idea, but why not? and what was that guys name that fried for Oklohoma?

dead as a dodo
[[added from the article by Phoenix]]
Let me close by bringing this back to McVeigh. He did a horrible thing. The State in all its awful majesty will now poison him.

Would you feed and shelter him for the rest of his fucking life? I think we can spend the money on better projects than that.

Umm...what does McVeigh have to do with America's magalomania?

"Magalomania" big word that is, wow, anyway, America simply is the power house of planet earth. She can do almost anything she wants. Scary? Well, she will not beat Canada at the Olympic hockey match.
Bottom line, magalomania does not apply to America, it's still The Land of The Free. ;)

Here's something actually related to gun control.

Last night, at about 3 AM, shortly after I went to bed, a group of idiots came bounding up our steps (we live in a condo complex). The dog went berzerk, barking his head off. They came all the way up to where we keep our bikes LOCKED to the patio rail.

They proceeded to DESTROY the locks and steal the bikes. However, in the meantime, my father was up, getting loosely dressed, and loading his Colt .45. He picked up his truck's keys and openned the door.

They hadn't gotten far, so he was able to catch up with them on foot. He yelled several warnings and probably some obsenities. When the scum-shit thieves turned and SAW my dad, ARMED, they immediately dropped one of the bikes and ran as if they had just seen DooMBoy.

One. The other must have escaped with the thieves in the confusion and darkness.

I ask you: WHERE WAS THE BRILLIANT POLICE FORCE OR THE GOOD HONEST GOVERNMENT WHEN I NEEDED THEIR SWAT TEAMS TO KICK THE SHIT OUT OF THESE TEENAGE ASSLICKERS? Not there.

I ask you: Would we still have even ONE of those bikes back in our possession if there was not a Second Amendment and a responsible, armed citizen in my house? NO.

So don't tell me that guns should be banned God dammit. If they were and my dad had to use knives or a baseball bat, he'd actually have to USE them (no one gets scared at someone brandishing a baseball bat ... they laugh instead) and physically hurt them. NOW THAT WOULDN'T BE TOO PLEASANT, EH?

I am thankful that my dad was able to retrieve one of those $100 bikes, but I am extremely angry that we lost the second. I feel like ripping someone's head off right now.

The bikes are not covered by your home insurance? The loss, or temperory loss, until the insurance paid out, of the bikes is so ferking great that your dad was willing to extinguish the life of fellow human beings?

The bikes are not covered by your home insurance? The loss, or temperory loss, until the insurance paid out, of the bikes is so ferking great that your dad was willing to extinguish the life of fellow human beings?

Wowar, hey man ever met gangs alá USA? They don't fuck around and will kill you for pennies. Yeah, yeah, me the brutal white guy. I wish I could make you a witness of a gang related crime, boy you gonna be so fast of your high horse it ain’t funny. Insurance? Fuck that, once they know you don’t defend what is yours you are gonna be visited every day. America ain’t fucking Europe, we ain’t civalised don’t wanna be, well I don’t, like my freedom more. (So now the door is wide open to flame me back ;) )

Also, the_Danarchist, a faked gun! Are you nuts? If it doesn't fire don't flash it. No one can differentiate between the two, you will get shot back at, 'cause they (I) assume it's real. It's live and death, and you make split second desitions. No room for error.
I understand people who can not shot others, pacifist and such, and respect them, but won’t take advise from.

Heh, I don't think the insurance covers bikes.

The money is not the matter, it is the fact that someone would invade our private space like that fuck our stuff over like that is what gets me. Yeah, go ahead, flame me, but you may think differently when it actually happens. (There were no shots fired, I hope you know this, as was the case in the other instances when he had to involve a firearm in defense of home)

There's actually a good chance that it was some sort of gang. I guess the 88 degree heat brings them to life.

They proceeded to DESTROY the locks and steal the bikes. However, in the meantime, my father was up, getting loosely dressed, and loading his Colt .45.... he was able to catch up with them on foot.

They don't fuck around and will kill you for pennies.

See?, this is my problem with this, they were not trying to kill anyone they stole the bikes and were fleeing the scene, they did not "storm" your house, take hostages and demanded your mom release the bikes to their custody, they stole 'em and legged it. Your dad chasing them with a gun, when they had shown no violence, is what I have a problem with, 3 things could have happened, a) they could have shot and killed your father, and for what? 2 bikes, hardly worth the loss to you and your mom and other family members? Even if it wasnt' insured...b)He could have shot and killed 1 or more of them, and for what? 2 bikes, hardly worth the loss to their mom and other family members, and 3)what did happen, 50/50, dad got 1 bike, they got 1 bike :) and I am sure that the bikes were covered under the household insurance, if not , then it's different than in England, if bikes are stolen, in fact, years ago , a friend of the son's came to visit, left his bike in the driveway, it was stolen, he just claimed against my home insurance and was paid.

... and 3)what did happen, 50/50, dad got 1 bike, they got 1 bike :) and I am sure that the bikes were covered under the household insurance, if not , then it's different than in England, if bikes are stolen, in fact, years ago , a friend of the son's came to visit, left his bike in the driveway, it was stolen, he just claimed against my home insurance and was paid.

Point 1 and 2 could happen but did not. I can go into my shower, slip and break my neck. Again from my personal viewpoint (narrow of course) I will never play it save.
Anyhow, point c.
Kid steels bike, insurance pays for new ones. Thieves got bikes and kids get two new bikes. Every one is happy. - How does the insurance company make up their hole in their pocket? Yep, by adjusting the premiums. I am questioning the easy solution, “let’s let it go, the Insurance takes care of it”. In the end we all pay for it. Can we shoot to kill bike thieves? No, not even in the Wild West. We can however stand up a little, before the police spend time and money finding the thieves and bikes and before the insurance premium goes up? Or should we just stand by doing nothing, letting insurance and government take care of things?

You are right really, but I get angered by the devaluation of what a human life seems to be worth nowadays, people shooting, or willing to get into a shooting situation, over the theft of material goods, it's not nice to lose anything of value or merit, but it's hardly worth the price of a human life , no matter how low you think that person's life is, it reminded me of two things that affected me today, 1) a picture of a "would be Israeli attacker" in todays paper, there were 2 Israeli soldiers posing for their picture to be taken by a comrade over the dead body of a Palestinian they had shot, it reminded me of big game hunters in the 1800s posing for picture stood over dead bosy of a tiger they had shot, and b) also news that the Israeli's had shot dead a 20 year old Palestinian student in his own country, the Israeli army had invaded to look for terrorists (fair enough I say) but they shot him dead "for acting suspicious" he had no weapons, or bombs about him but had "shouted God is great", life is precious and to take or lose it for trivial reasons seems stupid to me, sorry for the rant, I always remember saving my son's life when he was 5, and the trauma and shock and feelings of inadequateness.Life. and I mean all life is precious, unless of course it's Liam the Bard in Doom2 map07 then, it's just wasteful, that lad's just not got a clue how to play :)

I get angered by the devaluation of what a human life seems to be worth nowadays ...

(I carefully read your remaining post.) was it at any time any better than now? I remember horror stories my mom told me about the war, - it's just now everyone is confronted with all earthly events instantaneously via TV.

And even in America, live was treated much worse than now. I them good ol' days you did hang a horse thieve, had slaves, women did not vote and so on ... we can kill each other much more easily than love one another, for since time began. (I am not changing my love for America, but I am not naïve either to think it's perfect)

My comments in the main, and I think mostly do not refer to America, I think it's the world at large, that has devalued human life, it's now up to the powers, USA France England to restore it's value, you/they cannot scream/cry about the loss of life in the WTC as so horrendous, and in the next breath, decry the worth of the other lives lost in Afghanistan/Israel/Palestine/Iraq(soon) etc, under God's holy law, and we all accept some God, if we are religious, Islam/Christian, the teachings are the same, respect life

My comments in the main, and I think mostly do not refer to America, I think it's the world at large, that has devalued human life, it's now up to the powers, USA France England to restore it's value, you/they cannot scream/cry about the loss of life in the WTC as so horrendous, and in the next breath, decry the worth of the other lives lost in Afghanistan/Israel/Palestine/Iraq(soon) etc, under God's holy law, and we all accept some God, if we are religious, Islam/Christian, the teachings are the same, respect life

Well, you wrote you saved your kid. I am not asking you per say, because it seems you got a much gentler nature than I do, but I know I would not hesitate to eliminate those endangering my loved ones.
Being a leader of a nation is somewhat similar; you are responsible for the people of the nation you said you protect. Bush will and does protect those under his care, even if it means annihilating others to accomplish the goal, which does extent into Israel.

Love is natural. Killing is not. Something has twisted our pshyche. That something is society...think about it.

Tim

the Enchanter

Uh oh, you've got some of that freak's MP3s too? :P

Is it just me or do the mods steer clear of this forum?

With a passion.

but I know I would not hesitate to eliminate those endangering my loved ones.

I just ask you to think, the guys wee not endangering anyone, they had stolen 2 bikes, your Dad , following with a gun, made the situation, more, lethal? A theft is never punishable by death in a civilised society

Love is natural. Killing is not. Something has twisted our pshyche. That something is society...think about it.

Ok I thought about it. First thing you do is love your mom and dad. Then you go to out into this world starting with Kindergarten. And the first thing is you (I) hate your (my)peers which actually think they get to play with my toys because the teacher says so. Fight brakes out, Phoenix wins control over the toy distribution.

I simply disagree with you. I think killing is as natural if not easier than love. I am not putting you on. One shot and you are done with whatever is in your way. Love takes a lot of effort, time, heardache etc. People are naturally lacy, love is lot of work, rewarding like digging gold, yet lots of work.

I ask you: WHERE WAS THE BRILLIANT POLICE FORCE OR THE GOOD HONEST GOVERNMENT WHEN I NEEDED THEIR SWAT TEAMS TO KICK THE SHIT OUT OF THESE TEENAGE ASSLICKERS? Not there.

Sitting around trying to catch lone speeders going 10 MPH OVER THE DAMN LIMIT.

Shit if they're gonna give me tickets, at least make it worth my while. Last time I was going 35 over the limit. That's annoying, but at least it's acceptable.

I ask you: Would we still have even ONE of those bikes back in our possession if there was not a Second Amendment and a responsible, armed citizen in my house? NO.

Yes, because anybody with an IQ of 2+ knows the guy isn't gonna shoot.