Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Doom_master1122

Can you...

Of course you can;
In Doom2: just replace the interpic entry with something you want to view... If it comes to names of the maps, you'd have to change lumps CWILV00-CWILV31.

You need a lump management tool like XWE to insert the intermission pic into your wad. It needs to be the same name and dimensions as the original image in the doom2.wad.

Has anyone cared yet for WIMAPx style intermission maps? They were IMO much better than the simplistic INTERPIC. They give a sense to your mission. I find it sad that all DOOM 1 pwad episodes I've seen don't make use of them and instead choose an INTERPIC-styled painting.

C'mon, no port programmer has ever bothered to program a lump where you can reposition the WIMAPx hot spots (level areas, animations, special effects?)

Ebon said:

C'mon, no port programmer has ever bothered to program a lump where you can reposition the WIMAPx hot spots (level areas, animations, special effects?)

I dunno about that, but people simply refuse to draw those intermission maps, as it's more difficult than just editing some textures and sprites. It would take quite a while to draw a good map with some neat looking buidlings.

ellmo said:

It would take quite a while to draw a good map with some neat looking buidlings.

Take bird's eye shots of Starcraft, any other strategy game, or zDoom's fly mode. Then it's easy.

Ebon said:

ZDoom can. But I can't tell whether other ports have something for changing these screens. Doomsday maybe, but I really can't say.

EDGE lets you make them, specify animations (like the flashing lights on the buildings) and thier positions on the map, as well as where the 'bullet hole' and arrow will appear. Though i dont think anybody has actually done one in a (released) EDGE wad. As EDGE lets you 'port over' stuff from Doom to Doom 2 somebody could theoretically do maps of the the Doom 2 "episodes", for instance one the the space port, one of the outpost of hell, one of the city and one of hell