Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Richo Rosai

Doom Reference Band Name

Jehova Gyra failed? My ass. My band still covers "Strawberry Suicide" every now and then. I love you.

bardcat said:

Jehova Gyra failed? My ass. My band still covers "Strawberry Suicide" every now and then. I love you.

Wow, thank you. That gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Perhaps I'll upload my WiP mp3s here and you and others can offer feedback (for which I would be willing to give credit).

I guess I specifically meant that the name of the band had failed. Jehovah Gyra itself can never fail as long as I'm still making music, since it was pretty much only me to begin with (not to downplay my friend's contributions). But we never sold a single CD, never got a single e-mail, lost a huge amount of money, and were only able to play live by hiring people to play or pretend to play. And then one of us stopped participating. I'm pretty sure that qualifies as failure as bands go.

Now I'm back with less lame lyrics (I was 17 at the time, heh) and located on the other side of the Pacific, but I'll be damned if I can settle on a name even as the new album reaches the half-way point!

Lately I've thought of:

Industrial Death Pop
TriggerFinger
Burning Bush

I'm planning to complete the album before Jesus blows out his birthday candles, print the CDs, and start singing on the side of the road (that's how you do it in Japan, don't ask me why) with a poster saying "Looking for live members".