Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sirjuddington

SJS Stuff

Well the positive reaction sjs01 got has given me encouragement to start on another single map for the series, this time with a tech theme. It's coming along nicely so I thought I'd post a couple screenies:

http://mancubus.net/~slayer/up/sjsp_01.jpg
http://mancubus.net/~slayer/up/sjsp_02.jpg

Hopefully I'll actually get this map finished :P Anyway any suggestions are welcome.

That does indeed look nice. I think my favourite style of Doom map is probably futuristic/techy/base maps (that, and good "realistic" place maps) so you're already pushing against an open door as far as I am concerned.

Snarboo said:

A little too dark from the picks, but otherwise impressive.

It used to be brighter, but i found the atmosphere is much better at the light level in the shots, plus it fits more with the 'dusk' sky. Rest assured you can see things more easily ingame than in the screenshots :P

Dittohead said:

Looking great. Non symetrical desigsn are always welcome.

I wouldn't exactly call it non-symmetrical. It only shows a few diagonal linedefs used.

Eitherway - it looks very good, reminds me a bit of Quake Malice mod (which I simly loved).

ellmo said:

I wouldn't exactly call it non-symmetrical. It only shows a few diagonal linedefs used.

Eitherway - it looks very good, reminds me a bit of Quake Malice mod (which I simly loved).

What does the presence or absence of diagonal lines have to do with whether the design has symmetry or not?