Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Phil1984

Adding a new Sky and Musical track

I would like to add an Ultimate Doom Sky to a level I am am making. I was wondering how I would go about doing that? I fiddled around with XWE but all i suceeded in doing was make that skye texture into a wall texture. What am I doing wrong?

While I'm here how do I add a music track to my level as well?

Well, the sky textures ARE wall textures. I mean, you can texture a room with the sky texture if you want, but also the sky will be where it has to be (in the sectors with the f_sky flat). Be sure you replaced the proper sky (sky1 sky2 sky3 sky4) then check a normal map with that sky and you'll see.

You can with ACS change the sky with the command Changesky.

Example:

changesky("rsky1");
And this means that you can basically use whatever sky texture you want. So if you want the texture NUKAGE1 then you use the following command:
changesky("nukage1");
This works AFAIK only in Zdoom.

Regarding the music: You can use XWE to import MIDI / MP3 files into the musics section. Just remember to rename the track to the level you want to play it in. So if you are playing it in map23 then you name the resource to D_AMPIE, The rest is done by XWE.

Phil1984 said:
I would like to add an Ultimate Doom Sky to a level I am am making. I was wondering how I would go about doing that? I fiddled around with XWE but all i suceeded in doing was make that skye texture into a wall texture. What am I doing wrong?

This is a DOOM II level? You can add the SKY4 patch (using the Entry menu , or double clicking the Patches button below) and rename it to RSKY1 (if the level is for the 1st episode). You don't need to edit or add a TEXTURE1 entry.

While I'm here how do I add a music track to my level as well?

Just load a MIDI or MUS (again, using the Entry menu, or double clicking the Music button at the bottom), and rename it (Map01 being D_RUNNIN).