Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peanut

Music, sky's and gun textures

I have a question.

How do i put music into a wad file? I know you need to have a certant program, like MUSPUT.exe but i cant get it to run.
Would i be able to put music into a level with XWE?

I also need help with sky's.
How do you input a sky texture with XWE?
Plus, can you put in a diffrent sky texture without upsetting the nomal one?

Example: the second level of doom, you have that normal sky texture.
The one with the clouds and what not. Then you go to level 3 witch i want to put in a new sky texture. Would it not work, or would it work but also change the texture of the first part of doom 2? (first part, level 1-11)

Finally, how do i make weapon textures?

1. If you want to replace the music for MAP01, you import a midi/mus file called D_RUNNIN into your wad. Click here and scroll down for more info about the maps, and what filename their music has.

2. If you import a texture named RSKY1, you will replace the sky for map 1 to 11. RSKY2 is for 12 to 21, and RSKY3 is for 22, to 32. That's how it works in vanilla if i'm correct. There is a way to do that different skybox for levels in the same "episode", but i think that's a Zdoom feature.

nightmare93 said:

It's the same ol' trick again. You swap the default ones with the ones you want to see. Erm, each single frame that is. Of course you don't want to mess up your DOOM2.WAD, so you make a new PWAD, and create lumps (entries) with names S_START and S_END. Then you simply put your weapon bitmaps between them.

Next - you offset the weapon sprites (they are not textures FYI) to position them correctly on the screen while playing.
It's best to type values circa "-80" "-80" in both gaps. Then your weapon's offset will lower and go right, so that a screen shilouette will appear in XWE (you'll see when you do it). Then - position your gun as you see fit.

nightmare93 said:

I have a question.

How do i put music into a wad file? I know you need to have a certant program, like MUSPUT.exe but i cant get it to run.
Would i be able to put music into a level with XWE?

I also need help with sky's.
How do you input a sky texture with XWE?
Plus, can you put in a diffrent sky texture without upsetting the nomal one?

Example: the second level of doom, you have that normal sky texture.
The one with the clouds and what not. Then you go to level 3 witch i want to put in a new sky texture. Would it not work, or would it work but also change the texture of the first part of doom 2? (first part, level 1-11)

I already explained all of this to you cept for the weapons. You told me you understood, did i leave something out or was i too complicated with it?

Th0r said:

I already explained all of this to you cept for the weapons. You told me you understood, did i leave something out or was i too complicated with it?

That he's a stupid 13 year old who doesn't know anything about Doom editing and was trying to start a megawad without even knowing this basic information?

Craigs said:

That he's a stupid 13 year old

Hey, not all of them are stupid.

Craigs said:

That he's a stupid 13 year old who blah blah blah

I'm pretty surprised you didn't insult his mother yet. Like who are you to judge people by one thread they made?

ellmo said:

I'm pretty surprised you didn't insult his mother yet. Like who are you to judge people by one thread they made?

I guess I did go a little overboard there. I just found it kind of odd that he tried to start a huge community project without this basic information. I'm sorry for being such an asshole guys.

Th0r said:

O, i posted this thread b4 you told me all that, heh.

Sorry. XP

Craigs said:

I guess I did go a little overboard there. I just found it kind of odd that he tried to start a huge community project without this basic information. I'm sorry for being such an asshole guys.

Yea well i aggree that i was kinda stupid for trying to start a mega wad, but i do know almost all the stuff about mapping. (well, since a couple of days ago anyway)

But i still need to practice. XP

My wad should be out in the next 2-3 weeks hopefully.

Craigs
I guess I did go a little overboard there.(...)I'm sorry for being such an asshole guys.

It's okay. Being DarkNation doesn't neccesarily suit everyone.

nightmare93 said:

Yea well i aggree that i was kinda stupid for trying to start a mega wad(..)

It was, but it didn't hurt nor insult anyone. Many of dedicated and experienced Doomers had the same beginning; I can say for myself (yeah, right... like I'm a dedicated/experienced mapper), that I tried to start many funstatic and what-not projects in the past. I quickly learnt, that's not the right way.