Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
leileilol

.VGR file support?

They're just some weird 8-bit image files without a built-in palette and have no special characteristics, but they are the only sprite format used in the pie3d gcs games and GCSpaint has no saving in other formats than .VGA (2d gfx, textures) and .VGR (sprite). Their transparent color is actually 0,0,0, the first color in the palette.

here's an example set of VGRs

http://www.planetgargoyle.com/crap/BRAINY.ZIP

I get a 404 for that link. Any other ones? Or you could just email me the zip, I'll take a look.

This is all I get still. Upload it somewhere else or email it to me instead.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>404 Not Found</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Not Found</h1>
<p>The requested URL /gcsgames/64.246.6.138/_gcsgames.com/GCSenemy/BRAINY.ZIP was not found on this server.</p>
<hr>
<address>Apache/2.0.54 (Unix) DAV/2 PHP/5.0.4 SVN/1.2.3 Server at planetgargoyle.com Port 80</address>
</body></html>

Exact same error message. BTW, when I click the link, it does download a file, but the file is a very small text file with the above text inside. Guys, can anyone else try the link and see if it works?

I think I mentioned it already that you should probably just upload it somewhere else or email it to me.

Got it! The VGR and VGA files are simple bitmaps, first 2 bytes are width-1, next two bytes are height-1, followed by the image. Grab the beta, it can now open them. What are those things anyway? I can't make them out. You'll also need a palette to go with them.

Be sure to click "More XWE files" or "All files" from the open dialog.

That's weird, all the ones you sent me showed up as images. Can you send me the ones that get misidentified as music lumps?

Massive bump. Has anyone had any luck with this? It's not producing usable results for me at all.

I never expected to see that site again!