Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
læmænt

Windows sucks!

Yes! Windows is the beast that the Bible tells about. It devours you, it will destroy you and send your soul to hell for eternal torture. It is so unspeakably horrible, yet it holds the humanity its slave. Brainwashed, zombified fanatics worship it and do monstrous human sacrifices to please it. Oh, it's hard to please that which is the evil itself! Even the most pious worshippers regularily face its wrath, and in their delusion they continue to worship it, to give their money, their computers, their eternal souls to it.

I preach the religion of UNIX/Linux. Those using Linux will be saved from the horrible fate that awaits Windows users. Their souls are on the path of enlightenment, and their computers are blessed by God. Happiness will be theirs - both here, on Earth, and in the afterlife, forever.

Linux doesn't ask for offerings and sacrifices. All you need to get salvation is a pure soul and an empty partition on your computer. Get Linux now, and be spiritually reborn. Linux loves you.

Sadly, Microsoft has practically made a trust out of the computer industry. Bill Gates will be the ruler of the world someday.

Ya know, I actually had thoughts about writing a novel on that idea, but in which business in general are the TRUE rulers of the countries, not the governments. The governments are just "customers". The business in this case would be war-factories and munitions companies of the future. Everybody would live in crowded tenements that were at least 150 stories high. The "capitol" would be the corporate HQ, in which the CEO is the "president" of the country. By country, I mean business region. "Competition" would have new meaning (guerilla warfare, that is). The old residential areas would be nothing more than test grounds and soldier training areas. Going out of business means losing the war. It is such a crazy idea that I can't even sit down and write it yet.

LINUX SUCKS AN OBNOXIOUS AMOUNT OF ASS. A OS IS JUST A MEDIUM BETWEEN THE PROGRAMS YOU WANT/NEED TO RUN AND YOUR HARDWARE. H4R H4R GET SOME APPLICATIONS RUNNING FIRST AND A STABLE DEVELOPING COMMUNITY AND THEN I'LL EVEN REMOTELY CONSIDER REINSTALLING REDHAT WICH IMO WAS THE BIGGEST WASTE OF HD EVER

Sadly, Microsoft has practically made a trust out of the computer industry. Bill Gates will be the ruler of the world someday.

Ya know, I actually had thoughts about writing a novel on that idea, but in which business in general are the TRUE rulers of the countries, not the governments. The governments are just "customers". The business in this case would be war-factories and munitions companies of the future. Everybody would live in crowded tenements that were at least 150 stories high. The "capitol" would be the corporate HQ, in which the CEO is the "president" of the country. By country, I mean business region. "Competition" would have new meaning (guerilla warfare, that is). The old residential areas would be nothing more than test grounds and soldier training areas. Going out of business means losing the war. It is such a crazy idea that I can't even sit down and write it yet.

Pffft. That isn't fiction! The government doesn't even touch another country unless they first get the go-ahead by the big oil companies. In fact, its usually these oil companies which pressure the government to start wars. And there are massive crowded tenaments all over the world. For instance, in Asia, people are stacked on top of each other when it comes to living space. And this is where about 90% of the actual labour of America's companies is coming from.

Linux is perfect for those people that would rather join a microscopic faction of 'rebels' and only get 40% of the potential out of their system in return.

Linux was, is, and always will be two to three years behind any commercial Operating System simply because of it's single dividing feature, Open Source. True, it makes Linux completely free and open, but, at the same time it allows any jackass to add to it and make programs, and as well, it keeps the programs for it bugridden and in a perpetual state of beta.

Linux was, is, and always will be a pathetically slow and obtrusive Operating System designed by hypernerds for hypernerds.

Join you? Why? You refuse to admit that your precious Operating System could ever be at fault. You refuse to help anyone new to Linux, you treat us like shit.

So fuck you and fuck your Linux, shitface. Keep overclocking your system and constantly tinkering with your system to keep it alive, I'll just sit back with my regular system and enjoy my 80% better performance and having 6000% more software to choose from.

Enjoy your cult and enjoy your denial, enjoy your system that constantly needs to be updated and baby sat and enjoy your program crashes.

Linux is perfect for those people that would rather join a microscopic faction of 'rebels' and only get 40% of the potential out of their system in return.

That is arguable, and depends on what you want to use your box for.

Linux was, is, and always will be two to three years behind any commercial Operating System simply because of it's single dividing feature, Open Source. True, it makes Linux completely free and open, but, at the same time it allows any jackass to add to it and make programs, and as well, it keeps the programs for it bugridden and in a perpetual state of beta.

No, it doesn't. Any jackass can make programs for Windows; so? Open Source doesn't mean complete anarchy. There's always someone in charge of the project, who won't let the jackasses fuck up the program.

Calling Linux programs "bug-ridden" is bullshit, they're not more buggy than other programs. What bugs in linux do you know? I bet not much. You just assume they're bug-ridden, because you managed to fuck up your Mandrake installation.

Linux was, is, and always will be a pathetically slow and obtrusive Operating System designed by hypernerds for hypernerds.

Slow? Obtrusive?.. Where did you get this stuff from?

Join you? Why? You refuse to admit that your precious Operating System could ever be at fault. You refuse to help anyone new to Linux, you treat us like shit.

I certainly don't; and I've found the Linux community in general more helpful than Windows community (and, often, than Windows help files :)). You were probably asking the wrong people :)
Neither is anyone saying that Linux is flawless. Linux has, admittedly, lots of flaws - steep learning curve and insufficient amount of commercial software (e.g. games) are some of them.

I'm not saying Linux is the best OS that could ever exist. I just like it more than Windows.

In general, if you want to use your computer as a home appliance - kinda like a toaster or a tv - then you're better of with Windows. Microsoft got all the money they have because they succeeded in turning a computer into a powerful toaster. Which is, of course, not a bad thing - I just don't like toasters. They are not my idea of fun. Not sure if that makes me a "hypernerd".

I'll just sit back with my regular system and enjoy my 80% better performance and having 6000% more software to choose from.

Your math sucks.

Enjoy your cult and enjoy your denial, enjoy your system that constantly needs to be updated and baby sat and enjoy your program crashes.

I'm enjoying every minute of my life, thank you :)
The system doesn't need to be baby sat - what about server machines that run linux, with almost no human intervention, for months and years? In comparison, Win95, and, IIRC, Win98 had a bug that didn't allow it to run for more than 40 days. Fnord, of course.

Blah, Linux sucks and so does Windows and so does any other OS. Linux just sucks less :)

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

Windows is the beast that the Bible tells about...

Never went over this in a sermon or Sunday school lesson.. would be an interesting one, though, now wouldn't it? If Windows is the beast, then what is Bill Gates.....? (I'll let y'all answer that one on your own.. BTW: I, in no way, support Linux, cause I never tried the dang thing.)

Two words on windows: BASTARD MAC! I don't care what you geeks think, i'm just pissed off at all the support they have. And on another note, windows is fucking ugly; i can't stand to look at it. Is that what they have for a colour palette? EET LUUKS LEIK MEIN SHTOOL! i also hate the fact that it's way too easy to close a window that went through 20-something directories. OOPS! how will i ever find that file again? hmm..."search"...ok, searching my "C" drive (wtf is up with that name?) ...waiting....hmmm....uhh...There! Done! Now if i can get this long white beard off the keyboard, maybe i can open it! Oops! I seem to be missing some dll. Guess i'm gonna have to go online and pick it up again...UH OH! A VIRUS! (and it goes on like this, and i didn't make any of this stuff up, except the white beard)

That is arguable, and depends on what you want to use your box for.

That would be Internet activities, multimedia, and gaming.

Calling Linux programs "bug-ridden" is bullshit, they're not more buggy than other programs.

The damn freeware Linux programs I found were a hell of a lot buggier than their Windows counterparts/competitors.

What bugs in linux do you know? I bet not much. You just assume they're bug-ridden, because you managed to fuck up your Mandrake installation.

Oh, you mean the installation that crashed three times half way through, created fourteen partitions though I told it to make three and would only run KDE for 15 minutes at a time before it seized? Or my DSL buddy's RedHat that he has to constantly fuck with to keep functioning properly?

Slow? Obtrusive?.. Where did you get this stuff from?

Personal experience. Redhat was decently paced but Mandrake was as slow as Win98SE loading Poser into my ram, but when I'm just staring at the desktop.

In general, if you want to use your computer as a home appliance - kinda like a toaster or a tv - then you're better of with Windows. Microsoft got all the money they have because they succeeded in turning a computer into a powerful toaster. Which is, of course, not a bad thing - I just don't like toasters. They are not my idea of fun. Not sure if that makes me a "hypernerd".

Well, doing three game related things at once while encoding 2 gigs of waves into MP3 and uploading my website while browsing all sorts of shit at once is nice and fast for me, I don't have to console four or five lines for every fucking program like every single Goddamn Linux asshole kept telling me to do.

Your math sucks.

Your OS sucks. Linux is slower than Windows and has almost no commercial software, leaving shitty freeware.

The system doesn't need to be baby sat - what about server machines that run linux, with almost no human intervention, for months and years? In comparison, Win95, and, IIRC, Win98 had a bug that didn't allow it to run for more than 40 days. Fnord, of course.

Yeah, if you never do anything on it but have it play server. I'll give Linux, XP or Mac that. If you tell them to do one thing they'll do it, but Linux chokes on multiple things a lot more often than I've seen XP or Mac do it.

Blah, Linux sucks and so does Windows and so does any other OS. Linux just sucks less :)

Qube rocks, though. =)

Speaking of Open Source. You say it sucks, and only helps to make buggy programs, that can never be useful. Well I'd like to point out one Open Source program - Doom.

If ID never released Doom source code, most of us would prolly have forgotten the game. We wouldn't have ZDoom, Legacy, EDGE, and we'd be stuck with Doom 95. :-\

So far, Linux has been a dichotomy for me:

1) It's actually about as fast as Win2k for me (Suse!)
2) The documentation and man pages are about as coherent as a translation of the Koran in Cyrillic, and don't even get me started on installing programs. Upgrade XFree86? No thank you, just stab me in the eye and tatoo /etc/modules.conf on my ass.

DC

Speaking of Open Source. You say it sucks, and only helps to make buggy programs, that can never be useful. Well I'd like to point out one Open Source program - Doom.

What about leeches? Are all leeches evil blood sucking bastards? Well, when you get a finger cut off they still use leeches to cycle the blood through it after they reattach it. So sometimes leeches are a good thing, and sometimes Open Source is a good thing.

Open Source is useful when it is a single project, such as a game or an image editing program. However, when you spread it completely thin across something as broad as an entire Operating System this is where it fails, because everyone contributing to every different component might have a different idea of what it should be. Be serious in your comparision, are you going to compare a meg of Open Source to two gigs of Open Source? There is much more room for error, and error I have fucking seen. =P

If ID never released Doom source code, most of us would prolly have forgotten the game. We wouldn't have ZDoom, Legacy, EDGE, and we'd be stuck with Doom 95. :-\

Oh I wouldn't of forgotten Doom; I still haven't come near forgetting Duke3D or Blood.

The damn freeware Linux programs I found were a hell of a lot buggier than their Windows counterparts/competitors.

I'd be interested to know which ones.

[quote

Oh I wouldn't of forgotten Doom; I still haven't come near forgetting Duke3D or Blood.[/quote]Forgetting how bad they are, or forgetting how good they are?

Actually I think that everything I ran in Linux ran so slow, crashy and terribly mainly 'cuz of Mandrake. Fuck, even the desktop would lock up on me if I didn't watch it close enough.

Duke3D and Blood? Oh, I'm remembering how great they were. =)

Yes! Windows is the beast that the Bible tells about. Brainwashed, zombified fanatics worship it and do monstrous human sacrifices to please it.

*checks herself* huh... I use Win98 and none of my flesh has started to rot yet.... when'll I turn into a zombie? I'm more likely to rant at my compy than sacrifice anything to it, thank you ^.^ and if it's a beastie, I'm all for it. Beasties!