Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Peace? Shut up you damn hippy!

What makes me sick nowadays is those goddamn hippies and jellyfish calling for an end to the war in Afghanistan. Its not that I can't understand their arguments, hell I even agree with them on a lot of points, but they just don't seem to understand the basic fact - Unless the war is fought and won, then the terrorists win. Many claim that the US 'created' Bin Laden somehow, by its own foreign policy, especially during the post-war period. Now there may well be some truth to that, the US attitude towards the rest of the world has certainly been coloured by often fairly selfish desires to ensure its future well being. However to blame the US for everything that is wrong with the world and in the middle east is naive and over-simple. The situation in Afghanistan and the middle east is complex and not down to any one overiding factor. People like Bin Laden do not hate the US simply because of some genuine opression, they hate the US because it represents power and wealth that they do not have. They are islamic fundamentalists and terrorists and the US is never going to pacify them so in the end it will have to fight them, and it is better to do it now than later.

Ok.....you go from anti-war to anti-peace call in nothing flat? Wow.

Somebody stop this guy before he crashes the server.

/me detects a paradox
Well, all I can say is that I am kind of a 'hippie'. I don't think war solves anything. It just pisses more people off.

I don't think war solves anything. It just pisses more people off.

DUH. War gets rid of the people that have been pissed off, then everybody (who's left) is happy :P

I don't think war solves anything. It just pisses more people off.

DUH. War gets rid of the people that have been pissed off, then everybody (who's left) is happy :P

Except, of course, the people that get pissed of by the results of the war...

I think Jonathan is just there to provoke discussions on various topics.

Basically, the thing about war is that it's wrong to start a war, but it's right, or even a duty, to defend yourself, your country, when it's being attacked. It's also right to punish those who started the war.

Many people tend to think it's irrelevant who started the war. War to them is bad, period. Others seem to believe that the weak side is always right, and the strong side is always wrong. I cannot agree with any of these people.

I've posted something similar to this before. "Pacifism is objectively Pro-Fascist." -- George Orwell.

(I apologize for the messed up type, my email is Satanic):

" In 1942 George Orwell wrote this, in PartisanReview, of Great Britain's pacifists:

"Pacifism is objectively pro-Fascist. Thisis elementary common sense. If you hamper the war effort of one side youautomatically help out that of the other. Nor is there any real way ofremaining outside such a war as the present one. In practice, 'he that is notwith me is against me.' "

England's pacifists howled, but Orwell's logicwas implacable. The Nazis wished the British to not fight. If the British didnot fight, the Nazis would conquer Britain. The British pacifists also wishedthe British to not fight. The British pacifists, therefore, were on the side ofa Nazi victory over Britain. They were objectively pro-Fascist.

An essentially identical logic obtains now. Organizedterrorist groups have attacked America. These groups wish the Americans to notfight. The American pacifists wish the Americans to not fight. If the Americansdo not fight, the terrorists will attack America again. And now we know suchattacks can kill many thousands of Americans. The American pacifists,therefore, are on the side of future mass murders of Americans. They areobjectively pro-terrorist. "

I think that the U.S. should fight, just not AFGHANI CIVILIANS!!! If they're going to fight, they should just hit the terrorists where they are, and stop dickin' around. What they're doing is a waste. And Lüt, I agree with you %100, war does get rid of the people that are pissed off. And War does solve shit...WWII solved the Great Depression, as well as wide-spread anti-semitism. Of course, anti-semitism is a misused word...and Jew that calls a non-jew a Goy is guilty of the same crime as a non-jew calling a jew a kyke.

Lament, Goy is not a religious term. It more or less literally translates into WASP. It is a racist term. You're obviously not of any jewish lineage, so I'm gonna let this one slide. And semitic is a religious term too. It refers to a Jew, Christian, or Muslim.

Lament, Goy is not a religious term. It more or less literally translates into WASP. It is a racist term. You're obviously not of any jewish lineage, so I'm gonna let this one slide. And semitic is a religious term too. It refers to a Jew, Christian, or Muslim.

"Goy" in hebrew means "people", in terms of "nation". In the Bible, when God promised Avraham to multiply his seed and make his descendants a great nation, he used the word "Goy". Then, the word "Goy" was used to describe the other nations in the world, non-jewish, so now "Goy" is used to describe anyone who is non-jew. You want to translate it to WASP? Suit yourself. You think it's a racist word? To me "racism" is a misused dumb pointless word, like "anti-semitism" is to you. It's pointless to argue.

Regarding your comment about "semitic" referring to what you said, I don't know what you meant, but the word "semitic" refers to a race, which the jews and also the arabs belong to. Ironic, isn't it? Two nationalities which are racially close to each other are the worst enemies. But we won't go into this either. However the word "anti-semitism" refers to jew-hate, not arab-hate, simply because jew-hate was and still is a very common phenomenon in the world, and it most certainly didn't disappear after WW2, despite what you said.

Lament, Goy is not a religious term. It more or less literally translates into WASP. It is a racist term. You're obviously not of any jewish lineage, so I'm gonna let this one slide.

I am obviously of jewish lineage, and I lived in Israel for a year. Just to let you know.

I'm not religious however.

I am obviously of jewish lineage, and I lived in Israel for a year. Just to let you know.

I'm not religious however.

You have lived in Israel for a year? Are you still living in Israel? If so, which region? If not, which country?

I live in the north of Israel.

You have lived in Israel for a year? Are you still living in Israel? If so, which region? If not, which country?

I live in Canada now, for about two years. In Israel, I lived in Kiryat Ono, one of the satellite towns of Tel Aviv. (Tel Aviv sucks :))

I live in Canada now, for about two years. In Israel, I lived in Kiryat Ono, one of the satellite towns of Tel Aviv. (Tel Aviv sucks :))

I'm not much fond of big cities, such as Tel-Aviv, either.

Russians immigrating from Israel to Canada is quite a common phenomenon. I had a friend's family done that, but they did it illegally, and were eventually deported, so they returned to Moscow.

Well, my relatives speak yiddish only, and they use the word goy to refer to WASPS. SOmething I don't exactly appreciate, considering I'm half. And most of my friends are anglican...Anyways, to my knowledge they use the word semetic in reference to religion, because considering the area, up until the Romans banished the Jews, they hadn't been out of the Mid-East, so I think it's justifiable to refer to it as a religious reference, because the Jews considered religion and culture to be one and the same, because there, there culture was their religion...I wouldn't say it was the other way around, too, though. But the Arabs weren't really a culture until after the Dark Ages ended. After all, by that time, the most powerful cities were in the Mid-East (Baghdad, specifically). So it wouldn't be fair to refer to them as semetic by race, because it's not really the same. Plus the Arabic culture is a lot different from the Jewish culture in many, many areas. The Christian culture...they're like Zen Buddhism - no culture directly attached to it.