Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Flashback is not dead

Hey, I just posted this thread to report that the doom project Flashback is not dead.

The project's website is here.
There is also more screenshots showing the levels.
There is also only me left on the original team, but SlayeR has joined recently. :)

Here is some screenshots, also from SlayeR's new map (flashback E2M6)

But anyway, the point of this post to ask if anyone want to make a episode4 map for Flashback. Please post in the thread, if you are interested.

The last two are from SlayeR's level: Halls of the damned. Number 7 is from Tower of babel.

*note: remember it is for Vanilla doom or Chocolate doom. So no boom features, etc...

E4M2: Mephisto
E4M3: Th0r *finished*
E4M4: Ellmo
E4M6: Nuxius
E4M7: zap610
E4M9: Belial

Well, since im almost done with my current map, i could give it a try.

Th0r said:

Well, since im almost done with my current map, i could give it a try.

Well, what map slot do you want? E4m2, e4m3, e4m4, e4m6, e4m7, e4m8 or e4m9?
Remember to make it hard as it is episode4. :)

I would give this a try but I doubt I could even do the E4 style well unless it looked somewhat modern. Plus I still have to work on Dac06 if thats still going on.

Bloodskull said:

I would give this a try but I doubt I could even do the E4 style well unless it looked somewhat modern. Plus I still have to work on Dac06 if thats still going on.

of course, it can look modern. It just need to be able be running in Vanilla.

zap610 said:

I'll take E4M4 if it's alright. Also, this should look E4 style right?

It should be able to run in vanilla, and the best thing would be if you could mix it up with some from e4m4. :)

Original e4m4, that is.

Heh, now i gotta go back and play e4 so i can get the feel of it again.

zap610 said:

I see, can I change it to E4M7?

fixed... :)

nightmare93 said:

Hey, im putting a little hold on my project so, is it ok if i fill a slot?

Please don't

Nice, good to see this is still around.

Can't fill a map slot, but I'll be anxious to play when it's done.

Nuxius said:

Can I take E4M6 please?

Haven't made a vanilla map in a while.

You are on the list.

nightmare93 said:

Hey, im putting a little hold on my project so, is it ok if i fill a slot?

Well, I don't know really. Do you have anything to show?

I would definitely like to participate in the project. I't been a long time since I tried my skills in vanilla.

I know this is about episode 4, but I can take any slot you want except the final (M8) maps.

ellmo said:

I would definitely like to participate in the project. I't been a long time since I tried my skills in vanilla.

I know this is about episode 4, but I can take any slot you want except the final (M8) maps.

Okay, you get E4M4. :)

Remember ellmo and everybody else in this project, to include anything from the original map, so people can get flashback(s). :P

Torn said:

include anything from the original map, so people can get flashback(s). :P

I'll do my best. Starting DoomBuilder - now!

Oh, and before I start:
1. Are we allowed to include our own names (and CWILV lumps, or whatever they are called?)
2. Are we allowed to make our map _much_ larger than the originals?

Torn said:

Okay, you get E4M4. :)

Remember ellmo and everybody else in this project, to include anything from the original map, so people can get flashback(s). :P

:X, well, work is already underway, and it doesnt look too much like my map. But i will make an effort to add some stuff to it.

Well yea im but i dont know what you would think about it so if you say no ok but im gona scan through the 4th episode and gather up enough info to make a wad good enough to fit into the wad.

Do you have msn?

if you do, mine is sonicboy_93@hotmail.com

I'm in love with the 5th screenshot in the first post. With the lava and the stones.

Dang, I totally forgot E4M4 was that BROWNHUG piece of ultimate crap :P but i'm gonna remake the atmosphere nevertheless. I presume we are not supposed to add lots of detail, but I couldn't help myself to add just a bit. It's going on pretty well.

Screens from my map so far

Its kinda weird building an inside map after i just got done with a cave style map, but i think it looks good so far. (check other thread for my other map)

Also, i'm looking for some really cool looking hellish style symbols, made with sectors, i saw some in some wad the other night but i cant remember the name of it, i can explain the wad though, lots of monsters, like 3000+, there were some ships in a huge blood area and they shot rockets/plasma there was a big maze style area that spawned monsters when you hit a switch, anyways it was kinda a bad wad but it has some cool symbols and i wanna get permission to use them but i don't know the name of the wad and consequently don't know who the author is.