Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Torn

Flashback is not dead

Looks like a fun map that of your ThOr, yet except screen three the map doesn't look like E4M3. I really suggest to retexture the map with wood textures before expanding it. It's your map, but I think the most peculiar part of E4M3 is the outdoor area with many monsters all around, the "slopes" with the lava pit.

-
Torn:
Are you saying that the other three episodes are finished or close to be?

ellmo said:

Dang, I totally forgot E4M4 was that BROWNHUG piece of ultimate crap :P but i'm gonna remake the atmosphere nevertheless. I presume we are not supposed to add lots of detail, but I couldn't help myself to add just a bit. It's going on pretty well

As long as there are no VPO's should be fine :P

Vegeta said:

Looks like a fun map that of your ThOr, yet except screen three the map doesn't look like E4M3. I really suggest to retexture the map with wood textures before expanding it. It's your map, but I think the most peculiar part of E4M3 is the outdoor area with many monsters all around, the "slopes" with the lava pit.

Yeah, I agree on that. The map could use
a outdoor part with/and more wood. But it is looking fine as it is now. :)
Just remember, th0r, that E4M3 has a big outdoor area and tons of wood/metal. Keep on going.

Vegeta said:
-
Torn:
Are you saying that the other three episodes are finished or close to be?
[/B]

Not really, but I have wanted to get episode4 for some a long time. Last time I tried, nobody really signed up.
But most of episode1 is missing, e1m1, e1m8 and a bit of e1m9 is there.
Episode 2 is going fine. Only maps which is missing is E2M2 (I'm working on), E2M5 (I'm working on), E2M7, E2M8 (about 50-60% finished).
In Episode 3 is E3M3 (10%), E3M4, E3M5, E3M6, E4M7, E4M8 and E3M9 (50%, I have my own ideas for this one, and yes it will be like the original, :D)
So no, no even close to release yet. But it is going fine atm. :)

SlayeR said:

Yeah, no vpos. This wad should be able to run with vanilla/chocolate doom.

Tango: No, it wasnt that heh.
Vegeta and torn: Thanks, i know about the wood/metal now that i have played it, i didnt realize i had such a crappy map to work with but i will do my best. The map is coming along nicely and i still have room for a large metal/wood area.

SlayeR said:

Torn said:

Yeah, no vpos. This wad should be able to run with vanilla/chocolate doom.

Don't worry, with "adding a bit of detail" I meant rather alignment of textures and placing things like simple light sources or columns here and there.
This map will definitely be playable even on 486 DX2 with vanilla, and it'll still look like ultimate Doom.

EDIT:Hey, did anyone try to run fbdemo.wad in vanilla? I'm afraid that in the remake of E2M4 there is a Linedef Action not recognized by the Ultimate Doom. It's action no 109, and it's used for opening doors quickly. I've just played the map in vanilla, and the door won't open.

Depends on your vanilla version I guess. It should work in 1.9 (Ultimate Doom has all of Doom 2's new specials).

Hmm... I'm pretty sure I've checked the map in ultimate.
Here come the screenies. I hope they aren't too dark for you. Most probably I'll have the map finished today already. If there are any other free slots in previous episodes, I'd love to do som more work.

ellmo said:

Don't worry, with "adding a bit of detail" I meant rather alignment of textures and placing things like simple light sources or columns here and there.
This map will definitely be playable even on 486 DX2 with vanilla, and it'll still look like ultimate Doom.

EDIT:Hey, did anyone try to run fbdemo.wad in vanilla? I'm afraid that in the remake of E2M4 there is a Linedef Action not recognized by the Ultimate Doom. It's action no 109, and it's used for opening doors quickly. I've just played the map in vanilla, and the door won't open.

I know about that bug. :P
It is the door to the boxes section of flashback e2m3.

*EDIT* Oh, maybe it is not what I am thinking off, where is the door you are talking about.

SlayeR said:

Some screenshots of my E4M5 so far:

Neat-O! A very good map (my favourite in episode 4) finally has got a very good remake.

ellmo said:

Sector 180:

Shit, heh. Thats part of what I made for e2m4, me and espi made that map in cooperation. But he made most of it.

esselfortium said:

...you rock. =O

I would dare go so far as to say he rolls as well :O

* BUMP FOR GREAT JUSTICE *

OK my map is done. I tried to not add a lot of detail and make it pretty hard, but its beatable and i thought it was very fun to make.
I will send it to you soon torn.

Th0r said:

* BUMP FOR GREAT JUSTICE *

OK my map is done. I tried to not add a lot of detail and make it pretty hard, but its beatable and i thought it was very fun to make.
I will send it to you soon torn.

Sound cool, :). Okay, you can send it to tornthedark@no-spam.gmail.com (remove no-spam.)

Oh, th0r, you sent it to my hotmail account. Be glad, I found it in the piles of spam. :P
Well, I am gonna test it tormorrow.

Torn said:

Sound cool, :). Okay, you can send it to tornthedark@no-spam.gmail.com (remove no-spam.)

Oh, th0r, you sent it to my hotmail account. Be glad, I found it in the piles of spam. :P
Well, I am gonna test it tormorrow.

would you mind sending it to my gmail account, th0r? It got lost in my piles of spam.

ugh, thats bad news, because i have had some problems and it has been deleted. Please search for it again. and if you find it please send it to me again.

EDIT: WHEW THANK GOD For yahoo's SENT folder. I was able to recover my map and i will send to your other mail adress asap.

Nice map. :)
However I am gonna fix the bugs (alignment problems, etc...)

Great to see your project alive Torn, I'd love to make an e4 map or something but my plate is kinda loaded right now.

Use3D said:

Great to see your project alive Torn, I'd love to make an e4 map or something but my plate is kinda loaded right now.

Well, thats fine. :)
You can always make another level, if you feel like it.

kristus said:

So, which maps are available?

In episode 4? None atm, except maybe E4m8. Iirc, someone wanted to do it, but I forgot who.

kristus said:
No, I meant overall.

I thought the concept was E1-E3 for Torn/Espi, and E4 for the community, to somewhat imitate the way DOOM was made.

Well, at the time of this writing, I am the only one left on the original team after Espi left.

But Slayer joined to make and made E2M6 (he is currently working on E4M5)

Map finished:
EPISODE 1: E1M1, E1M8,

EPISODE 2: E2M1, E2M3, E2M4, E2M6, E2M8(almost, ABOUT 75%), E2M9

EPISODE 3: E3M1, E3M2, E3M9 (50%)

EPISODE 4: E4M1, E4M3,

So maps missing is:

E1M2-E1M7, E1M9, E2M2, E2M5, E2M7, E3M3, E3M4, E3M5, E3M6, E3M7, E3M8.

15 maps left.
People are working on episode 4 maps

Well, I have a stict rule with the other episodes. My own ideas and dreams.

Bloodskull said:

Is there anyway you would let the community do a couple of maps for e1 and e3 at least?

Would really speed up the release.