Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Spiderman 3 Teaser

What, so that's what Venom will look like in the movie, just a darker version of the same Spidey costume? If my memory serves me correct, Venom was completely black with a real freaky face with a mouth full of fangs. If that's Venom that I see in the trailer, I'm already disappointed. I loved the second Spidey flick though, the first one was a good introduction to the franchise. And I'm not all that familiar with the Spiderman comics and history, so don't flame me if I'm missing something. Nevermind, I think I got it now. In Spiderman 3, this alien thing tries to take over Spiderman but fails to do so, and in part 4, the entity takes over someone else and then we will be presented with Venom. Am I right? Hot, cold? But from what I've read, Venom is played by some other guy, not Tobey Maguire who plays Spiderman. And in this preview, it's Spiderman being messed with by the black ooze. Maybe it's kinda like the Doom movie, if the alien comes in contact with a good person, it gives him powers. Whereas if it touches a person filled with envy and rage, it turns him into a monster. Bottom line, that couldn't have been Venom in the trailer, because as stated above, Venom is played by a different actor. And two villians(sandman and goblin) is enough for one movie anyway. Yeah, Venom won't be seen until part 4 comes out, which is going to be a few months after this one.

Pretty close. The black stuff was a symbiote from space that tried to take over spiderman and bonded with him. However, Parker was tough enough to fight it off but the symbiote got into some other dude that was in jail and Eddie Brock was as well. The symbiote then jumped onto Eddie Brock and eventually became venom blah blah

Ichor said:

I sure hope this one is better than the second movie.

You didn't like Spiderman crying in every scene?

Well, from some research, when Spider-Man was bonded with the symbiote, he didn't look like he did in the movie. He pretty much looked like Venom, minus the fangs, long tongue, and huge muscles. I just hope when Venom is presented he looks exactly like the comic's version. I don't think Hollywood is stupid enough to fuck that up.

baronofhell said:

I don't think Hollywood is stupid enough

Never underestimate the stupidity of Hollywood. ;)

Yeah but this is Spider-Man, one of the most famous comic book characters, even more so than the X-Men series. And with x-men, they didn't really fuck with Wolverine at all because he was pretty much the face of that franchise. In my opinion, Venom has got to be the most popular villian in the spidey series, based on that they'll probably stay true to his original form. Doom was and is popular amongst us gamers, but not nearly the star power of Spider-Man.

Rumor tells that there won't be much of Venom in this movie, because Sam Raimi hates the character. He only agreed to include Venom, because the studio pressured him to do it.

That's just a rumor though, that teaser focuses pretty heavily on Venom. Maybe they decided to change him into some sort of dark mirror image of Spidey...

No, Venom is confirmed, casting credits list Grace(that 70's show) as Venom. But he most likely will appear in part 4. In the comic book series, the alien thingy first attached itself to spiderman, but it started to control him so he got rid of it.

Spiderman had the black suit before Eddie Brock. Then Spiderman forced the symbiote off of him (because they cannot stand loud noises, hence the belltower). All the while for some reason or another Peter Parker had ruined Eddie Brocks life by causing him to look like a fraudulent reporter(not on purpose). They happened to be at the same church because Eddie was going to commit suicide and he wanted to confess his last sin to god. After Spidey left, the symbiote found Eddie Brock and sensed his massive hatred for Peter and of course, the symbiote wanted revenge. So Eddie willingly became permanently fused with the symbiote. Now someone mentioned Carnage, later Venom was actually put in Jail with a psycho named Cletus Kassidy. He was a mass murderer. Now the symbiote of course, sensed that. While Venom was breaking out, the symbiote dropped off some kind of "egg". This formed Carnage. In fact, I believe Venom had atleast 6 "children".

If I'm not mistaken, Cletus Kasaday/Carnage has the symbiote in his blood, not covering him like a suit.... until he bleeds, that is... and that's not very hard for a crazy man like Cletus.

Best trailer of the year so far! The only bad thing about it is that we have to wait until 2007 to see the movie!