Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lobo

Feature request: prefab texures

Howdy,
I've been looking through the docs and the .cfg files for Doombuilder to see if there was a way to force DoomBuilder to save the texture info when I save a prefab, but didn't find one.

So, would it be possible to add this feature in one day? For my TC there are some structures which I use a lot, so I made a prefab out of them, but everytime I insert the prefab I have to assign the textures again. If this info was also saved in the prefab it wold be a great help.

Thanks again for a great app BTW :)

It SHOULD save texture names as well. If it doesn't, then that's a bug I'll have to fix.

I've just went and double checked to be sure. You're right, it does save the texture info if the prefab consists of one or more sectors.

However, the prefabs that I was generating were simply a collection of linedefs with a midtexture (imagine a fence type of map structure) and these lines did not save their texture info.

I've noticed this too. In my case it was lines used for middile tree branch textures. I had to put a sector around the object before the textures would copy. The same thing happens with copy/paste.

Belated thanks chopkinsca!
Your workaround does the job.