Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

What's this painting?

This Doom 2 texture. Looks like a fantasy tale (game). Is it an easter egg?

I'd be able to take a peek myself if I could get a zoomed in version of the image. Clicking on it only sent me to image shack, but your image wasn't there.

baronofhell said:

I'd be able to take a peek myself if I could get a zoomed in version of the image.

I think you didn't notice, it's a default doom2 texture. They don't come in zoomed...

I was wondering about this myself recently. Didn't find anything out though.

I'm pretty sure I've seen the original. Very out of my ass keyword searches are not helping though.

Its the doom marine standing on a rock in hell fighting off barons/demons
like in the ultimate doom poster

Th0r said:

Really? Looks like a man flinging an axe.

Th0r said:

Nah!

I think if anything it has some greek refference. I don't know, just a feeling. If only we could maybe get ahold of Adrian.

It looks like some kind of dude in a loin clothe with a gargoyol head holding some shiny green shit over his head.

Technician said:

I think if anything it has some greek refference. I don't know, just a feeling. If only we could maybe get ahold of Adrian.

prometheus maybe?

actually, I think it may just be some random "cool looking" art that they made up for the game and not based on anything. maybe it's supposed to represent some hero in the demon world. who knows but the guy who made the texture.

Actually I'd love to get an interview of Adrian. He's the underdog of id and I'm sure he has really good stories behind the art and characters he's done.

Technician said:

Actually I'd love to get an interview of Adrian. He's the underdog of id and I'm sure he has really good stories behind the art and characters he's done.

Maybe it's a picture of him. :\

lol it depends which map it is. There isnt just one of those painting textures..... But no i dont think so. Unless your a mapper like me :) e-mail me for some doom.wads i made. So no i doubt its an easter egg.

rebdoomin said:

lol it depends which map it is.

wrong... and what does "lol" have to do with it?

There isnt just one of those painting textures.....

wrong again

I allways though it was some kind of archvile posing like a female. But now looking at it better, looks like some kind of warrior, yet it chest and body (but with some kind of armor) is a bit of a female (so his head but just a little bit), and there's some kind of monster behind him, that yeah looks a bit like tentacle rape. I suppose id wouldn't include something like this, and judging by the reduced quality because of the resize, probably it was the cover art for some never released game (then resized and recoloured), yet why it's looking to the sky is something I can't imagine, may be it was the victory pic of DOOM 2, then droped for great justice. Looks like something to ask to Romero.

Edit: it also looks very remotly like the Quake guy (same helmet, axe, armor and legs a bit similar).

If it's Lovecraft stuff then I can see it work in Doom, since it appears in Petersen's levels, who himself is a Lovecraft fan.

I always thought it looked like some sort of cherub, but then i never looked at it too closeley... I'm gonna jump in with a pointless suggestion that its Joan Of Arc

Th0r said:

That is a DooM title screen

Vegeta said:
may be it was the victory pic of DOOM 2, then droped for great justice.

Nope.

I bet it's the box cover or title pic of some game. I even had the impression someone had found out what it is, but maybe I'm imagining things.

When you take it into paint and outline the figure. Excepting the top arm, and including the small hand coming out of the left side, it looks very much like the Cyberdemon from the Doom2 title.

myk said:

Hahaa the mighty cyberdemon shots a laser pulse to the lava or something. If I not remember wrong, the Cyberdemon shoots rockets.