Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Still the Longest In-Development TC

And Mordeth sums that up quite well in his latest update:

And also important: regardless of the long development cycle, I will/can not "hurry up". Sure, I'd like this to be released... the sooner, the better... but matter of fact is that paying attention to Real Life stuff takes precedence over the need to finish some game add-on. Just be glad I got rid of my WoW addiction, and that the result will be worth waiting for! :)

Of course there's a bit more than that, so take a look.

fp!
Hey, he could add SOME cute stuff in the secret levels. :P
All the wads out there have AT lEAST one beautiful scene.

Doom_user said:

Is there any chance of a rough "percentage complete" estimate?

about 3%.
Relax buddy! It should only be a couple more years before it is released.
If it's not released in exactly 2 years though, I will tie myself to my computer and throw myself into a pit full of acid with acid-proof great white sharks with Mordeth logo shaped laser eyes.

i think once mordeth, millenium and RTC-3057 are out, i'm just gonna quit the community altogether. they're pretty much what keeps me here. (well, that and KDIZD, but hopefully that'll actually be out this year.)

insert long rant about why MMOs suck that nobody cares enough to read here.

dethtoll said:

i think once mordeth, millenium and RTC-3057 are out, i'm just gonna quit the community altogether.

Is that your way of saying you're never going to leave?

... maybe.

certainly not in the next 5 years, most likely.

actually, i suppose i should rephrase.

when mordeth, millenium, and RTC-3057 are either out, or cancelled, i will leave.

Yeah, but you have to figure, if they've gone on this long, the people running them have no intent of cancelling them :P

I think if Millennium were canceled Lut would find a severed horse head at the foot of his bed.

True, but, I've come to the point that I'd rather not post any news until it's "almost done", meaning post when the final beta is being tested, then post again once it's out. In the past, we used to spam with news over every little thing. I think people got sick of it. I know I did. The ratio of talk to substance was overwhelming, and I decided no more talk unless it was absolutely mandatory. Still, things are moving along, I can guarantee that. A lot of the project is unrecognizable from previous news updates, and I'd rather post an update saying "by the way, it's done" and let people go into a game they know little about, rather than hyping it and showing off everything to expect before a release. The veil of secrecy should be intriguing to unfold and explore. I think by now it's a mystery who's even working on it :P

good point. frankly, at this point just hearing that it's still in motion is reassuring.

Nah, somehow you do them in a way that isn't hype-tastic. I was never very good at that :P