Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

Hmm...

Maybe this forum means I can post my baseball things here without getting them post helled.

So, what do you people who actually care think about contraction? What teams are gonna go? How are the players from the dying teams gonna be dispersed?

If you don't care, please don't waste your time and reply to this with something stupid. Of course, I have no control over that, but it'd just be a lot easier.

Maybe this forum means I can post my baseball things here without getting them post helled.

So, what do you people who actually care think about contraction? What teams are gonna go? How are the players from the dying teams gonna be dispersed?

If you don't care, please don't waste your time and reply to this with something stupid. Of course, I have no control over that, but it'd just be a lot easier.

Huh? Contraction? What teams are getting dispersed?

Well, Major League Baseball voted in favor of contracting the Major Leagues by getting rid of at least two teams...although, they haven't said exactly which teams those would be. Names that have come up are Minnesota, Montreal, Florida, and Tampa Bay. Arizona would most likely move to the AL, with my hometown Buccos moving over to the NL East.

The players on the teams that are disbanded will most likely be entered in a "dispersal draft", in which teams will pick in order by how bad their records were, all of the players that are in the draft. This means we either get Vladimir Guerrero or Javier Vazquez!

Ok, I've rambled long on enough. Time to mosey on over to the general forum.

What is ridiculous is that they are considering Oakland. GOOD LORD.

Damn you! Vlady is a []D[][]\/[][]D. Have fun with him.

Well, Oakland did have the fifth-lowest fan support in baseball...but I'm sure the Buccos'd be up (or down, rather) there too if it weren't for our lovely new stadium.

Oh, and you're the Padres fan, right? If it is Minnesota and Montreal as expected, you've got a chance at Vidro or Mientkiewicz or Guzman...although with Klesko, Mientkiewicz would be a pretty dumb pick-up.

Well, Oakland did have the fifth-lowest fan support in baseball...but I'm sure the Buccos'd be up (or down, rather) there too if it weren't for our lovely new stadium.

Oh, and you're the Padres fan, right? If it is Minnesota and Montreal as expected, you've got a chance at Vidro or Mientkiewicz or Guzman...although with Klesko, Mientkiewicz would be a pretty dumb pick-up.

Yeah, that's true... strange that they made the playoffs easily and they're being considered. I know what it is like to have your team in danger.

Yeah, I'm the Swingin' Friar. Anyways, back in 1997 and 1998, the City's contract with the then Jack Murphy Stadium was running out (or something like that), and the only way to retain playing space for the Padres was to approve a new ballpark plan and get funding (from a company called Qualcomm). For a long time, the voters were split between approving a new ballpark and shipping the Padres out to Pasadena.

Thankfully, it was approved 60-40. That was in 1998. Then a man, Bruce Henderson, has turned this into a fucken Soviet democracy with his damned lawsuits. Doesn't matter though, homeplate has already been put in, so have the foul poles.

It's strange. People here love the Padres. Win/lose, they don't care. We consistenly have had 2.5+ million total season attendance since 98.

If all stays as planned, Burroughs will be at the hot corner, Nady or Nevin at second, Klesko at first. Something along those lines. Another scenario was to send Klesko to the outfield and put Nady at short. Either way, Vidro'd be nice. We need midinfielders unless Jimenez suddenly becomes a defense god.

Arizona to the AL? I smell realignment. I'm not complaining though ;) If my memory serves, I think we took the season series with the Snakes... I think.

Heh, if Arizona moves into the AL West and Oakland remains an intact team...that's gonna be one helluva race, between Arizona, Seattle, and Oakland...unfortunately, only two of those at the most can make the playoffs, so one of them will get gypped...

Oh, you guys could definately end up with a pretty good starter, if your infield is good to go...there's plenty to choose from, out of Vazquez, Armas, Radke, Mays, and Milton...

I hate the Vikings because they didn't win on the last day of the season last year, ruining the Steelers chance for a playoff spot.