Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peanut

Whats the best program to make textures?

I need to know what program is best for making textures and weapon skins.

Plus i need to know how to frame stuff like the movement of the gun and well, you get the picture.

p.s What program could i use to make or mod monsters with?

nightmare93 said:

I need to know what program is best for making textures and weapon skins.

Plus i need to know how to frame stuff like the movement of the gun and well, you get the picture.

p.s What program could i use to make or mod monsters with?

Most people use paint or adobe photoshop to make their monster sprites. By frame stuff I'm assuming you mean remove all the unused space on the picture. Just use the light blue color on those areas.
If you want to make a monster from scratch though, you need to use Decorate. I'd suggest you wait a bit before you do that though, it's rather tricky. If you are going to use Decorate though, just open up notepad, type in all the coding and shit, and then save it as decorate.lmp.

Don't do what cheap bastards do and take the monster behavior from other wads that use decorate. You can get losered for that.

Jasc Paint Shop Pro is another option, and I think it costs a lot less than Photoshop.

Plus, from what I've experienced, you have more options for when it comes to making textures from scratch, since PS is more oriented for photo editing.

Torn said:

The weapons section from Doom Wiki.

With this, then you can click on each weapon and find infomation about it.

im not looking for weapon info im looking for a program that will help make textures and weapon skins.

But thx anyway, it might come in handy. ;)