Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaiser

The Community Is Falling 3 - A doom wad about friendship and love

Grab your rocket launchers and kitchen appliances, cause CIF3 is comming to a community near you!

Usually I post updates on wads in progress but since its down I'll do the news here because I can and there's nothing you can do about it :-(

You once again play as the heroic hacker who saved the Doom community from the clutches of the evil Quake 3 and Steam communities now against the biggest challenge ever.

Cif3 is not like its prequels, its more rpg based with a higher replay value (O_O). You have the option to choose the community you wish to fight with and each side has a different story/ending.

Teh story is about a flawless and unbeatable doom project that has been leaked and everyone is pointing fingers at each other and hell has broken loose. You have been summoned to calm down the community, but a mysterious foe will make sure the community falls. You are on a quest to stop this foe and with the help of your fellow doomworld - or - zdoom friends and stop this threat... and destroy other communities as well! :-O

CIF3 is action packed with 10 decorate weapons (all works in zdoom 96x but brakes in zdoom 2.1.1 lol) each with a unique feature. These weapons range from frying pans, fps halting blood spattering drills to glitchy user controlled missile launchers :-)

Talk and chat with your fellow doomers and buy and sell items with them too.. or piss them off and die in a slow painful death :-)

Fight though 30+ levels in pure newbie bashing action. More action than Action Doom! :(

Cif3 isn't complete without the newbies. The little annoying, poorly drawn freaks return and with 10 times the attitude :-O
Newbies can now shoot, rant, poison, shoot flames, fly, run away, and wreak havoc all at the same time (O_O)
But this time its not just the newbies you will be fighting, but lots more stupid looking enemies such as walking butts, a remote controlled car that shoots missiles, and rock tossing trolls and lots of cunning bosses that will force you to quit and play something else :-(

In addition to enemies and weapons, CIF3 features a whole new hud/inventory system made completly in ACS. You can carry inventory items ranging from medkits to marine beacons to gas cans and mines.

CIF3 has been aimed to take full advantage of Zdoom, and when I mean full advantage, I mean crashing, lagging fps, and insane glitches. Watch as zdoom halts to 1 fps from the simplest script being triggered or crashes from viewing the wrong side of a terrain and unbearable hud scripts that will make the gameplay unforgivable :-)
But these features is what makes zdoom so great.

CIF3 is currently being built on 96x but will be transfered over to 2.1.1 once it is in its final beta stage. It will be released by the end of the year.

And now on to some screenshots :)
Click on teh thumbnails for larger screenies

Doing buisness with a fellow doomer :)

Visit other active communities

Visit the Zdoom community (or visa versa) and make deals with them (careful what you say or you might die :(

Other stuff

Its up to you and your fellow doomers to protect your prefered community from the dangers ahead :-O

Face off against power driven administrators

Use your crappy jetpack to fly thoughout levels

CIF3 doing what it does best

Stay tuned for updates and beta testing offerings. Keep on dooming.. or bashing

I loved the last two (to some degree). This will be awesome, so long as you don't put in any retardedly long and difficult arena battles.

Kaiser said:

CIF3 is currently being built on 96x but will be transfered over to 2.1.1 once it is in its final beta stage. It will be released by the end of the year.

Any way I can help? I really don't think you should stick to .96x any longer than absolutely necessary because if you encounter problems with it it is unlikely that you will get help (because that's what 'unsupported' really means.)

leileilol said:

is that drill of bloody drilling reimplemented yet

Yes it is. It will cause lag though (hudmessages are annoying to work with).
I've seen my fps drop from 270 to 120 from just two or three spats on the screen.

But there was a issue with the 1 fps lag when the hand wipes the blood off the screen thats been fixed.

The lagging however can be resolved if cl_maxdecals is set to 0 or 1, since decals is whats causing the big headaches at the moment.

Szymanski said:

30+ levels o_O

Thats not counting the levels for the other other quest (both quests contain 30+ levels but the levels are similar but with different outcomes. Example, choosing to help the zdoom community will result in fighting non-newbie enemies in the early levels while choosing to defend doomworld results in fighting more newbie enemies in the early levels. Some areas may be changed etc.)

Graf Zahl said:

Any way I can help? I really don't think you should stick to .96x any longer than absolutely necessary because if you encounter problems with it it is unlikely that you will get help (because that's what 'unsupported' really means.)

The only thing I need to be worried about is changing the inventory items to custominventory in the decorate file.

Other than that thats all I am aware of. Unless there are specific flags or other small stuff that I missed.

Kaiser said:

The only thing I need to be worried about is changing the inventory items to custominventory in the decorate file.

In that case it might be better to switch now. There are other differences between .96x and 2.1.1 which are not that obvious so the sooner you upgrade to the current (and supported) version the better.

This continues to look progressively more awesome; I'm joining the "can't wait to play this" boat.

Also, I'm shocked and disturbed by the lack of screenshots of The Obligatory Esselfortium <3 Tribute Level. This does have one of those........right? ;_;

Update about CIF3 = NEW BETA

So gimme!

Naan said:

Unbelievable, almost fake imo...

Ignorance is bliss.

deathz0r said:

Update about CIF3 = NEW BETA

So gimme!

Not until I fix the lagging. So no! >:(

also i hope you get to kill those skulltagers (a bunch of inyuasha bots) too and the zdaemoners they were the focus of the dramas recently!

and me, im the best person ever forbidden, and you know it

That looks completely awesome. If you need any more art for it, I have a ton of BUILD games.