Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MmM

Stroked the pipe, until it was ripe

My experience with Mario 64 is limited--I only played the first one or two levels of it and then quit (I likes my Mario in two dimensions). I think I do remember a big pirana flower growing from the ground in one of those levels though. The description on the webpage is written from the perspective of the original NES games.

MmM said:

The description on the webpage is written from the perspective of the original NES games.

They also walk around in Super Mario Bros. 3.

sweet! you should do a mario action scene. have some hammer bros. and koopa troopas, lakitu and spinies in there.

Coopersville said:

They also walk around in Super Mario Bros. 3.

Really? Wow, I don't remember that at all. I played a few levels of SMB3 prior to making the figure, and all I saw were the pipe-dwelling variety. Do you recall offhand what world/levels have those? If so, I'd like to grab a warp whistle and check it out.

VileSlay said:

sweet! you should do a mario action scene. have some hammer bros. and koopa troopas, lakitu and spinies in there.

I was thinking about making a diorama with some more pipes and stuff, but decided not to. I might make some more Mario figures in the future, so who knows? I'm already working on my next, non-Mario, figure anyway, which is about 50% complete as I type this (I'll probably finish it over the weekend and have it posted Monday). Do you remember the old Nintendo Power covers? They used to do these big action scenes out of clay figures that kicked ass. I remember they did a Mario 3 one and also a Mega Man 2 one.

TheDarkArchon said:

Nice, though they don't necessarily live in pipes everywhere (Super Mario 64)

Yah theres also some in Yoshi's Story 64 that dont live in pipes

MmM said:

Really? Wow, I don't remember that at all. I played a few levels of SMB3 prior to making the figure, and all I saw were the pipe-dwelling variety. Do you recall offhand what world/levels have those? If so, I'd like to grab a warp whistle and check it out.

IIRC they occur only in a couple of maps in World 6 (the Ice World) and are called Walking Ptooie Pirahnas. They're quite annoying since they have a spiked ball they spit out of their mouths. The only way past is to quickly jump between the plant and the spiked ball when it is up in the air.

Quasar: Alright, I'll have to check that out. I don't think I ever got as far as World 6, which would explain why I've never seen one. I was looking at a SMB3 sprite sheet I have, after reading the post about the walking plants, and I think I saw the critter in question.

Shapeless: MmM doesn't really stand for much of anything. I belong, and have belonged, to so many message boards, that I got tired of thinking up clever usernames long ago. So, now, whenever I join a board, my username usually consists of the letter 'M' in some combination (just 'M' if I can get away with it, but most MBs won't let you have a one letter username). I use 'M' because that's the first letter of my real name, Mark.