Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SyntherAugustus

So what are we looking forward to this year?

doomedwarrior1981 said:

Damn that sucks about Realm of the Green Soul 2 well maybe Lexus will come back I mean people leave and come back all the time so there's hope

That's what happened with Phobia.

Anyway, to all of you who doubt that TF is still trudging away at RTC-3057. I have news for you. TF is still trudging away at RTC-3057. There's been a few new members to the team during the last 6 months or so. New level designers and such have come in. I don't really busy myself with RTC, a I wanna experience it first hand when it's done. But it IS being worked on.

Vegeta said:

Kdizd and Cif3 are probably the ones I'm waiting the most, yet I'm very interesed in Stronghold (I hope it supports co-op), and also One Monster has my attention.

Stronghold will support Coop up to 8 players for an amazing playing pleasure with your friends ;)

Shtbag667 said:

I vaguely remember Tormentor667 saying something about how he likes to use zdoom to do things in doom that hasn't been done before or something like that so... I look forward to whatever he is working on.

I'm glad to hear that so just wait for "The Ultimate Torment & Torture" ;)

Am I dreaming if I'm waiting for another decent Heretic WAD this year along with Enjay's Thief mod ?

About pure Doom, DV2 looks very like a winner for me, even if I was a bit dissapointed with the first, having too much massive monster feasts...

In no particular order, since they'll all be very good if and when they appear, and all rather different from one another:

Harmony (TC by Thomas van der Velden)
Plutonia2 (come on guys, wasn't it nearly finished, and already damned good, nearly two years ago?)
Kama Sutra 2
Deus Vult 2
Flashback

And anything in the works from guys like Scientist, Use3D, Erik Alm, Didy, Kaiser, etc.

Scuba Steve said:

Not likely this Year
Millennium

Is this a vote of trust in our work ethic or a subtle implication that you're not going to finish the plutonian anytime soon? :o

Naan said:

Am I dreaming if I'm waiting for another decent Heretic WAD this year along with Enjay's Thief mod ?

Depends how quickly Eternity finalizes its Heretic support.

I was considering making an attempt at the Plutonian myself, but i need to make sprites for my own projects first!

Zeg-Vok said:

I look foward to Circus 667, or whatever the Circus 666 sequel is named :D

I'll make sure not to disappoint you. It mostly takes place within an abandoned town and I probably have around 15 new enemies with more to come, circus666 had 4 I think and weren't very well done. I'm also taking full advantage of zdoom's decorate weapon support. Whats taking so long is drawing all those sprites and coming up with ideas (as well as working full time and going to school). But it will be done and it will kick ass!

Lüt said:

Is this a vote of trust in our work ethic or a subtle implication that you're not going to finish the plutonian anytime soon? :o

if htere's not too much work left on it, I could help you with finishing it. Sepcially if i helps Milennium to get released already. Cause that is one of the few wads I still wish to play.

Lüt said:

Uh.. uh... ZALDRON FINISH THE BOSS!

Well, the reason I havent been posting much on Doomworld is because ive been busy with 2 different projects.

First to be released: The Corruption
I am working on finishing the Corruption by myself. I have to finish mapping 1 level, and then all I have to do is fix a few errors and put the project together into one wad.

Another project that I have in the works is Technical Darkness. I'm working with a team of 3 and we have made some pretty good progress. In this project you will see some of my best work unlike The Corruption which I started when I was a newb Doom artist.
There are about 4 levels left to map, and then I have to finish a few more sprites, including a new enemy sprite that I have been working on! So if any of you havent seen my enemy creations, I think you will like this project! :D

Yes, RTC is still in the works. It's not scheduled for this year anymore, though.

Craigs said:

I'm deffinately looking foward to Foreverhood. The screen shots for it blow me away every time I look at them.

In the dawn of forevrrhood 2.0, i think i'll release a public beta at the end of the summer.

I'm looking forward to actually keeping my promise to the community I did 3 years ago. That is to make a megawad, only on my own.

My top picks are:
(not in any special order)
Foreverhood
Milennium
Mordeth
RTC-3057

After those are done, I probably won't care anymore.

Off the top of my head, I can only think of a few...

Foreverhood
KDiZD
Void 2
RTC-3057

...and the always in development, Mordeth ;) Foreverhood looks to be really unique, something I am really looking out for. Cyb posted some shots a while back of Void 2, and it looked neat, I always did enjoy Void 1, and RTC is always worth waiting for.

I'm looking forward to anything that's good, irrespective of whether it's in production or already exists but I haven't played it yet. And to a degree perhaps to be surprised by something I'm already familiar with except in this or that more subtle way.

My playing DOOM certainly doesn't hinge on some project "with a name" being in the making. Though I am doubtlessly "looking forward" to finishing my own multi-level wad, which is the only one that depends on my will for completion. The others are gifts from strangers; not to be taken for granted, not to be speculated on as an excuse for anything, and yes to be appreciated when and if presented.

C'mon now... there's enough people on this website living low-profile lives, having no real prompt to hold them back from doing a single level. Which is why ya'll should just pitch in for that CC3 project... ;-)

I dunno, I was never impressed with the CC projects. They'd have 1 or 2 really aesthetic and fun levels, and the rest were, well... ugh.

Darkfyre said:

I dunno, I was never impressed with the CC projects. They'd have 1 or 2 really aesthetic and fun levels, and the rest were, well... ugh.

That's why it's called the Community Chest. Haven't you ever played monopoly before?

The Community Chest project is an open ended community project that ANYBODY can participate in; regardless of skill, talent, and popularity. I don't know about you, but I think that's a good thing.

Craigs said:

That's why it's called the Community Chest. Haven't you ever played monopoly before?

The Community Chest project is an open ended community project that ANYBODY can participate in; regardless of skill, talent, and popularity. I don't know about you, but I think that's a good thing.

To add to what Craigs was saying..Community Chest is also a learning experence for new mappers..or atleast thats what I want this one (CC 3) to be.

My primary language must not be english.

I said I wasn't impressed by it. That's it. I didn't say it isn't valuable to new mappers, I didn't say that a community project shouldn't have maps from people 'in the community'. I said I didn't think it was great, that's all, no hidden inuendo or underlying message guys, sorry.

What I think would be cool, would be if someone made a wad that follow the Doom Alpha story line...