Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janizdreg

Favourite Doom legend

The question is: who's your favourite legendary Doomer?

It was practically impossible to list every legend here since the maximum amount of poll options is 10, but I tried my best to pick the most legendary ones. Feel free to voice your disagreement in the thread if you feel I left out someone truly notable.

My vote goes to Linguica, mostly because Doomworld has been such a valuable (even essential) site to the community. If it wasn't for Doomworld, I would've probably voted for Ty, for his tireless work on the /idgames archive.

EDIT: BTW, I'm kinda hoping that those who choose the Other-option could state who they are thinking about.

I vote Ling.

BTW, AndrewB,

Janizdreg said:

It was practically impossible to list every legend here since the maximum amount of poll options is 10

I voted other: Drew "stx-Vile" DeVore
Because I've watched many of his demos in awe.
I've also enjoyed many of Xit's demos.

Probably Ty Halderman or Lee Killough, just because I'm a huge TeamTNT fan.

TheDarkArchon said:

I vote Ling.

BTW, AndrewB,

If he really loved me he would find a way.

I don't think I could find a favorite; many people stand out for varying achievements that aren't really comparable because they are quite different. I mean, I can't even decide if I prefer Romero or Carmack in relation to DOOM.

And how can people like Matt Fell, Yonatan Donner, or the Casali brothers be missing on such a list?

Janizdreg said:

It was practically impossible to list every legend here since the maximum amount of poll options is 10, but I tried my best to pick the most legendary ones.

Heh, two Finns on the list, how patriotic of you ;)

I found it hard to choose between all those legendary figures, so I favored the home country and voted for Keränen...

Anders Johnsen.

There are so many people missing from that list I'm not even gonna bother listing them.

I'll post my top 10 legends on my own here:

1) Ralphis
2) Ralphis
3) Ralphis
4) Ralphis
5) Ralphis
6) Ralphis
7) Ralphis
8) deathz0r
9) Ralphis
10) Ralphis

John romero, because he has to stay in that little area behind the big evil face in MAP30 and make sure you can finish the map.

Da Spadger said:

John romero, because he has to stay in that little area behind the big evil face in MAP30 and make sure you can finish the map.

This is relevant to my interests. It was a tough decision though.