Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vegeta

Post your ideas for multiplayer gameplay modes

Share ideas you have for multiplayer modes.
Here's one of mine

Treasure hunt:
-Whatever map can be used
-Players are split in two teams (blue and red as allways).
-All players start with full ammo, and all weapons but the BFGs.
-All the items in the map are replaced with void spots but one (by random) is replaced with the treasure (Yellow skull key sprite).
-The team that find it first scores a point.
-Once picked up, the treasure reapears in a random spot.
-The game continues until one team reach the point limit.

I like it, but there would have to be something coded in to stop the treasure appearing too close to a particular team.

I would like to see a mode where you had some kind of race to the map exit, the idea being to play through normal single player/coop maps (and less common ones such as rocket-jumping maps). I suppose that could be a bit complicated though if you didn't want players going through doors that you'd already unlocked, or waiting at certain points for you to press a switch and let them through ahead of you, etc.

I'd also like to see more specific support (along with new maps) for Dog Tag, Squirrel Tag, Wangotag, etc.

Another interesting type of game I once played was Psychotron's Inferno (heh, didn't realise that was four years ago). I don't think much could be done to make a gameplay mode to support it, but maybe a similar idea would be cool to code in.

Rune puzzles. Each player has a different rune, and a different weapons depending on which rune they have.

player 1 with spread is armed with a ssg, and can do insane damage at point blank range.

player 2 armed with rage is armed with a shotgun, and can mow down enemies quickly.

player 3 does not have any special weapon, but is equiped with high jump, enabling him to reach ledges, and unlock new weapons and goodies for his teammates.

player 4 is equiped with regeneration and a minigun, and is capable of muscleing his way through crowds of enemies.

Skull tag only. :P

cool idea vegeta. hey if you want to make it way more intense, make the teams also have a safe sector they have to get the prize back to. if you make it obvious that a player is carrying the prize, other team can see it and begin attacking them. if player dies, he drops the prize. battle over the prize if the teams are large enough would be frickin sweet, specially in a big map like 29

a massive wad, pitting a platoon sized element of players (50) against...well...thousands of demons. I mean...like...2,000 demons per marine or something...the thought of something like that is boggling, but if it could be done...OMFG.

I like that, sidarmas, but if you want something along the same lines, but not quite as extreme, try playing on one of the coopbuildlm.wad servers.

There was a MP mode for Q3 that I thought was clever, where you scored different amounts of points based on DM rank. So that beating up on a player with no points was worth nothing, but killing the guy in 1st place gave you more.

Also Ive seen mods that gave you points for damage done, not for kills. Made armor extremely valuable.

We also need more tag and freeze tag variations

-An insta unlagged CTF (with rail jump) should be cool.
-Marines vs Demons, all controlled by players (like the Invasion Q3 mod)

LMS CTF. The round either ends when one team gets killed or one team captures the flag.

Could possibly go the 'capturestrike' route and make 'offense' and 'defense' roles (defense can't cap offenses flag, but can run the round timer out to win).

This is a very fun mode in Q3A/CPMA, and I've made a few maps that impliment the concept, and they turned out to be really fun.

Tried hosting a Psychotron's Inferno server last night and it turned out to be tons of fun. Depending on the other clan members I might run it quite often, so if you see it, join.