Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Craigs

Which wad do you think would make the best console game?

For me, I'd have to say RTC-3057 would make an excellent DS game. You could use the touch screen to interact with consoles, look through your log book, and solve puzzles (Like the first one I like to call the disco puzzle :P). Phobia would be a cool Xbox game, and Action Doom would make an awesome GBA game.

If I was better at GBA/NDS ARM programming, you can bet that I'd have managed something like that by now. I'm always putting weird stuff on my flash carts. :P

I do think that the DS would be quite fine for Doom - Metroid Prime Hunters had a (at least I think) good control scheme, and Doom requires less buttons, so I don't think it would be too tough to adapt.

As for a wad I'd like to see on a console, RTC-3057 was the first one to come to my mind, too. I haven't played all that many different wads, though, so I can't think of any particular others that stand out for this.

leileilol said:

an innovative 2d platformer that does not involve the third dimension

Featuring your anatomically correct demons?

I always hoped for a version of Doom on the DS that used the second screen to always display the automap. If it was released i might even buy a DS. I'd love to see an official release of Doom on the PSP as well, i bet you could get PSX Doom and Final Doom (and maybe even Doom 64, which was sort-of a sequel to the other console versions) all on one UMD, and in widescreen too!

deathbringer said:

I always hoped for a version of Doom on the DS that used the second screen to always display the automap. If it was released i might even buy a DS. I'd love to see an official release of Doom on the PSP as well, i bet you could get PSX Doom and Final Doom (and maybe even Doom 64, which was sort-of a sequel to the other console versions) all on one UMD, and in widescreen too!

There was a third party Doom game for the DS that was in progress, but the guy who was working on it dissapeared right after he was done asking for donations. :\