Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
J-Dub

Another WAD Program

I started writing another WAD program... this time in Java. This is the first practical Java prog I've attempted so I'm not sure what I can do yet but I hope to make it similar to zWad. Coming Soon!...

The more the merrier. I've been thinking of doing something with Java myself, but I don't have a whole lot of knowledge about Java (PHP is my forte) so I haven't bothered starting anything.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.

This is an amazing rarity when I actually agree with graf. At least for me, the possible usefulness of such wad manager has been killed by it using one of the worst languages I've ever seen.

This seemed like a good idea at first. Setting up a GUI in Java is enough of a pain to make me want to quit already. And I really dislike how events are handled. Maybe I'll start working on zWad 2.0 (the VC++ rewrite) instead.

I'd Just like a Wad organzing Program.
I havent seen any yet.

I don't actually care if it is in java, C++, or what other programming languages you want.

- sausage -

Organize how? I'm not sure what you mean exactly.

Somebody actually doesn't care what it's written in? (falls off of chair in shock)

Well, you tell it all the directories the wads are in, and then it can arrange them in like alphabetical, or larges size, or most played. etc....

- sausage -

someone who doesn't care what it is written in should be shot.

not for the fact that i'm picky or anything like that, just certain languages (ie java and vb) isnt that common compared to c or c++ and could be hard to find programming effort for (if you ever needed it).

also, will this program be open source? it'd be nice to actually contribute something to it if it was under a license such as the gpl or even bsd.