Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DouglasFir

Clerks II

So is anyone else looking forward to Clerks II?

I know Kevin said that he wouldn't return to the Viewaskewniverse outside of comics & toons after Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - but after promising Jason Mewes he could play Jay if he got clean (three years drug-free this year - yay Mewes!) and realising he still loved Dante and Randal after working on the Clerks 10th Anniversary DVD - well I'm glad we get to visit his little world one more time!

I didn't know it existed until now, but no, the first one wasn't particularly intriguing and more of the same won't hold my interest either.

At least it looks like it's in color this time.

Looks hilarious, dunno about the colour though. Of course I can't see anyone but Clerks fans going to the theater to watch a black & white movie... with the exception of senior citizens of course.

Great, we'll have more unfunny fat cunts spouting quotes from this and thinking it makes them clever

deathbringer said:

Great, we'll have more unfunny fat cunts spouting quotes from this and thinking it makes them clever

Bunnnngggggggggg!!! ;)

I thought the first one was boring as hell. Then again, Kevin Smith really has grown as a screenwriter. Then again, he's still really fucking terrible at dialogue. Then again, I have an irresistable urge to spend $20 for no reason. So, I'm torn.

seeing how there's nothing better in the movies I'd have to say yes.

We need another epic trilogy crap thing like lotr but in space or something.

First film wasn't too bad. Kevin Smith's films can be entertaining, so I might as well see this.

I'll probably see it when it comes out on DVD. Maybe if it's good, I might buy it when they package it with the first Clerks.

BlackFish said:

seeing how there's nothing better in the movies I'd have to say yes.

We need another epic trilogy crap thing like lotr but in space or something.

uh star wars?

Naked Snake said:

He meant something new.

and less egotistical (comon the main theme song of starwars.....blah!)

edit: and yes the trailer was in full pretty color.

I think this'll be one of those "we're bored and have nothing to do. Let's go to the movies" type of movies.

I have fond memories of Clerks... back when I was like 15. After watching it again recently I didnt really find it that funny.

BlackFish said:

Ok I saw II, I liked it as much as the first one.

Saw II sucked in comparison to the first one.

I might see Clerks 2 this week. I dunno.

Planky said:

Apparently the first couple of minutes of the film is in black and white.

Also at the end of the movie it goes black and white for about a minute and zooms out on a familiar customer from clerks.

Clerks was funny, but it was also a case of the Emperor's new clothes. It was incredibly un-cool to say you didn't like it so you had all sorts of numbnuts saying how cool/funny it was without them even having actually enjoyed, or even seen it. Why couldn't they just be honest and say they thought it sucked? They were weak assed, mindless sheep that's why.

deathbringer said:

Unfortunately, yes. :(

BlackFish said:

Ok I saw II, I liked it as much as the first one.

Me too. As in, very little.

My brother-in-law wanted to see it. I wasn't going to go, but he didn't want to be all pathetic going by himself. I invited my dad so I wouldn't have to tell him what a douche he is for thinking Clerks is somehow relevant to his life. Guess which one of us has actually worked at a grocery store.

Anyway-- the movie started, Talking Heads kicked in which made the movie a 10 in my mind, and then the subtractions started from there. The dialogue was still god-awful. Hey look, everyone's the same character only with different inflections and variable densities of "fuck"! It's like I've been dropped into Dawson's Creek.

Well, I was going to write more, but the bottom line is I didn't like it.

Darkfyre said:
Of course I can't see anyone but Clerks fans going to the theater to watch a black & white movie...

But of course, wasn't the cinema invented so we could readily test we haven't gone color blind?

Clerks. I had this guy from work harping on about the first one for weeks, telling me how hilarious it was: he actually brainwashed me into watching it.

Finally, he forces the DVD onto me as I'm going home.

The next day I came in to work, and he almost jumped me before I got my coat off:
"Well, wasn't it the best film you've seen?" he asked with a happy puppy face.

"If you ever recommend a bollocks film like that to me again, I will kick your teeth in" I replied.

Could someone who saw the first one and thought it was crap please confirm or (heaven forbid!) deny that the second one is also crap?