Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom_user

Possible error in "THE FACTORY"?

When I was going through PSX Doom Level 42 "THE FACTORY" yesterday I got stuck in the final, large, rectangular room with all the rising/lowering lifts, switches, and cacodemons. I was able to activate 4 of the 5 switches, but the final one in the far-right corner wouldn't work no matter what I did. Eventually I had to read the FAQs at http://www.classicdoom.com/

To exit, Activate the 5 switches that you'll find in the
chambers around the perimeter of the room. (If any switch
seem hard to activate, step back from it a little, and then
try again.)

I tried this and it worked. So I'm curious, was this area improperly constructed, so as to cause this or is it just some weird type of PSX Doom-only glitch?

I don't know thw PSX version,
but i never had problems with this part of the map in the original Doom2!

Man, I haven't played PSX Doom in years, I'll have to look into that if I ever get it. Now, I don't know anything about porting games from one console to another, but it doesn't seem likely that they would have to recontruct the levels in order to port them. I'm sure they were capable of porting the level in its entirety, then modifying them as needed. Unless the room in question was for some reason modified, it may have just been either (keep in mind that I'm not a programmer and am just making an educated guess) a) a collision detection issue with the game not recognizing the player being close enough to the switch to pull it, or b) the room was for some reason modified and the switch wasn't triggered to work.

yeah some times that happend in that laevel where the switchs are hard to press. it tis worse when you are one ultra violence and some cacos are still alive