Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeDo

Vile Flesh demos [-complevel 9]

If you decided to delete the previous demo completely, that's fine, the time difference is very little. But I'd keep some of the comments in the new .txt, like
There is a lot of grey brick in this map, it's nicely design, gives an exposed feeling and quite dark and creepy.
No big deal, but someone in the future may like your mini-review.

Masterminds have high pain chance, so what did you expect? One of them dead and the second one should die in one SSG blast? Haha, unlikely :)

I think I'm starting to like this map after watching your demos.

vdgg said:

If you decided to delete the previous demo completely, that's fine, the time difference is very little. But I'd keep some of the comments in the new .txt, like
There is a lot of grey brick in this map, it's nicely design, gives an exposed feeling and quite dark and creepy.
No big deal, but someone in the future may like your mini-review.
Masterminds have high pain chance, so what did you expect? One of them dead and the second one should die in one SSG blast? Haha, unlikely :)
I think I'm starting to like this map after watching your demos.

Sorry, just thought it was pointless having two runs of the same map so deleted it, yeah probably should have put a description of the level in. I was rather frustrated as several attempts ended in screw ups or monsters being left. I will bare this in mind in the future. The rant is more because of the previous record holders demo, not quite 1 ssg shot but still it would be nice.
Yeah actually this map is not as bad as I first thought, it's very playable if a little long.

I could get a 15:XX in iddqd run (just skipping monsters, no godly sort of timesaver), although it seems to be hilariously annoying to manage as I couldn't make a tint in around an hour and half. I might try at weekend as this seems to ripe for lenghty recording just for first exit, like that map 20 I did. (at least I think it was 20...)

j4rio said:

I could get a 15:XX in iddqd run (just skipping monsters, no godly sort of timesaver), although it seems to be hilariously annoying to manage as I couldn't make a tint in around an hour and half. I might try at weekend as this seems to ripe for lenghty recording just for first exit, like that map 20 I did. (at least I think it was 20...)

It would be interesting to see how low this time would go, and yes I did do too much work with the shotgun. Oh well I will have to post a more competitive time before the weekend ;)

Heh, nice, it was really time to improve my old run ;) And yeah, I was quite lucky with spiders then, the survivor only had ~300 health points left. It would be interesting to return to this map now, though I will most probably not do it. Good luck with it!

cannonball said:

Map 23 UV Max in 19:34

This map is really getting on my nerves, bet someone will try this first time and the MM infight will go well.

Still a nice run, the main timesaver in this map is to take the SSG as fast as possible, as well as skipping teleporting monsters in that hole. Somehow I have planned this map before, but I stiil havn't done it since I was busy.

Mhh I tried some more but got eventually bored of it, so I played carefully without rushing too much. Should be easily beatable.

23 max in 17:19

vf23-1719.zip

vdgg said:

MAP24 UV Max in 11:12

Nice run, this is probably one of my all time favourite maps. The map scare me a little due to length and my own personal pressure to score a good time. Given my feelings for this map are similar to SAV's feelings about MM2 Map28, I want to get the time below 10 minutes, I think it is possible with a little luck from our hellish friends.
I will have to put this up on my to do list.
Map25, the sticking point for me of course is the red key area. Though I usually die by the mastermind. I think you can get enough room to take out one of the cybers. But I think you have to chance your luck a rush the first one, but if pulled off the rest of the map is cakewalk.

Very nice guys, this is my favorite wad of all time so it's great to visit here and seeing this wad still played and the old times from the demopack beaten. :) Were good times making it.

Whoa, I'm glad I provoked you to post after three years of silence! Even though my run was not the best and I definitely should have mentioned how much ideas I "stole" from yours.

Here's the same map, UV Speed in 4:20

vf24-420.zip

Wow, where does the 18 sec improvement come from? I guess my rocket launcher usage really sucked in vf04-154?

You used rl when a lot of monsters were still not teleported in and then you took out lone HK with shotgun. I thought I could swap order of doing these, and ended up with HK somehow coming out of the room and joining infights. So, monster cooperation, I guess.

cannonball said:

Map25, the sticking point for me of course is the red key area. Though I usually die by the mastermind. I think you can get enough room to take out one of the cybers. But I think you have to chance your luck a rush the first one, but if pulled off the rest of the map is cakewalk.

Haha, for the first time I managed to survive the mastermind+cyber (YK) and two cybers (RK, risky way) in one go. With saves I would have 9:59. However when riding up the lift to the ground floor I was greeted by TWO mancubi :) Next time maybe

Neat timesavers as well. I've never known about that teleporter opening up once you get blue armor.

Oh, man. Icarus MAP11, Cchest2 MAP24,...

Heh, just coincidence. You happen to do demos on great maps.

...Vile MAP13,20,27,

Well, my main goal was to lower all current maxes recorded with -cl2 using -cl9 to remove inconsistency... but somehow I ended up doing whatever I felt like. I tried map 1 as well but best I had was 58 or 57, I don't recall.

and I wish you good luck with vrack2b

Well, I wasn't really planning on doing it. I've just noticed missing Qaatar's demo. I happen to think that he is one of the best speedrunners, so I had to ask. But I may try and do something about it.