Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

mood 1

As I walked through the broken door entrance to the final military installation, I realized that this hellish experience was almost over. The invasion was stopped, all of the aliens were dead, and whatever wasn't dead was waiting for me ahead. While I was leaning against a granite wall in a large calmly lit room, I scanned over the dozens of marine bodies that scattered the floor in front of me. A last, futile, stand that wasn't enough to ward off the alien attacks. Bullet shells sprinkled the floor, on top of the carpet of blood. I must go on, to fight whatever waited ahead, I am the only one left on humanity's side of the battle. The bright room ahead suggested that I wouldn't have anywhere to hide once I showed myself. I almost laid down beside my fallen comrade and just went to sleep, as some of them appeared to be. But that would mean that they bad guys would win, and I just could not allow that to happen. So I gathered up all the bullets and superior firepower I could scavenge off the dead soldiers, or what was left of them, and prepared myself for the last battle.

As I entered the last military base on the moon, I came upon a hellish sight. Bodies of my former marines buddies were scattered across the stone floor. The deathly dark glow of light from above provided barely enough light to notice the blood and flesh splattered on the large slabs of granite that passed for walls. The platoon had tried to barricade themselves in, but with the alien fire coming through two gigantic windows and with a blitzkrieg of monsters in the small doorway between the windows, the marines couldn't hold them. Arms, legs, and heads were tossed about as if a small child turned on a blender with no lid in the middle of the room. Some were burnt off, some torn, some eaten. Even though the mass of alien bodies was at least 10 times the marines', they still fell. I must be crazy to fight this war, I must be out of my battered mind. How could one soldier stop all of these monsters? There must be someway out of here that doesn't involve firepower. Is it just too much, all the death and destruction. It's pointless, there's no way, no way at all. I can't fight anymore - let them take Earth - I'll stay here on my little moon - along with my squad of dead soldiers.

Linguica said:

Arms, legs, and heads were tossed about as if a small child turned on a blender with no lid in the middle of the room.

My favourite line.

I like the stuff, but I think you could trim it down and combine the two paragraphs in to something just as descriptive without being redundant or too wordy.

looks good. i like the detail. i can almost feel the same hoplessness as the main character in the last paragraph and the atmosphere of the setting

LOL yea the blender description was good. dig the end too, hero overcoming all odds is so overdone, this is more like what would really happen, sweet end