Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kinkyfriend

People that hates our savior, Doom!?

Some examples.. Post your own 'examples' and/or experiences with such crazy people!

This guy says doom is a complete gore feast, nothing more than skindeep "fun"
http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/doom/reviews/reviewerId,63797/

This guy says it's completely the opposite of art, that it's rubbish piece of crap, a disgrace basically to gaming, plus he calls us stupid.. :

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/doom/reviews/reviewerId,6226/

While this guy seems an awful lot christian, just till he mentions other games which has violence too.. Aww poor them...

http://www.mobygames.com/game/dos/doom/reviews/reviewerId,8485/

Kinkyfriend said:

This guy says it's completely the opposite of art, that it's rubbish piece of crap, a disgrace basically to gaming, plus he calls us stupid.. :

But it's not brilliant! It's not brilliant, it's rubbish! Everybody know's that; rubbish.

Telephones, they're rubbish in all. Telephones... you got something to say? You got something to say, say it to their face! Bloody rubbish! All this is bloody rubbish, all of that is their rubbish...

Tell you what else is rubbish: pop music. "Take that, take that", take what? The rubbish! East 17, they're bloody rubbish in all. East 17, how can they be making a comeback? They were bloody rubbish in the first place!

Dolphins? Whales? What's that about? What's that about, dolphins and whales? Who gives a monkey? It's all rubbish.

The great issue. The O-zone layer. Rubbish! That's what it is, rubbish. Absolute rubbish.

Then you've got TV. What have you got on TV? 4 channels, that's rubbish for a start. Then you've the news; that's boring, that rubbish. Then you've got entertainment, but that's not the least bit entertaining, that's rubbish. Then you've got sports, and sport's no good now, so I mean, that's rubbish. So, you know, TV... rubbish.

Then there's films. Films, what choice have you got these days, what can you go and see? You go to pictures, you can go to one of those massive places with 12 different screens... 12 screens they've got, and what are they showing? 12 SCREENS OF RUBBISH! ABSOLUTE, BLOODY RUBBISH!

I meant this to be taken with a pinch of salt tho.. Let's start a witch hunt of anyone who dislikes Doom :) Let's hang them onto trees and write Doom on their foreheads, then burn!!! :d haha..

Thats what I say..Thats there opnion..Can't change it. Not everyone likes DOOM. It's hard to grasp that ideal cause you and everyone else on this fourm likes DOOM. So do I. Thats why we are here at this site. But people that don't like DOOM could easily see why its a bad game. Put simply is easier to see faults in something when you don't like something, and difficult when you do like something.

Of course I respect other people's opinions, but cant we just continue this for fun, uh? There has been more crazy threads than this one and gone very popular...

Kinkyfriend said:

Well, reading this and his Myst review, I must say that the guy is a brainless retard. Myst having difficult puzzels? What a laugh. He calls himself intellectual, but he seems pretty ignorant to me.

for example you shoot the arm of a monster, it tears off him, and slams the screen, leaving lots of gory bloody traces on the screen

I must have missed this version of DooM. Why hasn't someone made a mod like this yet?

I consider all modern FPS to be rubbish better graphics blah blah they all do the same thing kill people with guns.
Ok they do it in their own way slightly different but they all do the same thing.

There is not much what he considers to be the good and alot of the bad.
I disagree with that person completely I consider doom to be one of the best games ever made.

dutch devil said:

I consider all modern FPS to be rubbish better graphics blah blah they all do the same thing kill people with guns.
Ok they do it in their own way slightly different but they all do the same thing.

There is not much what he considers to be the good and alot of the bad.
I disagree with that person completely I consider doom to be one of the best games ever made.

Doom haters have always been around, nothing we can do about it (I think...or not? ;-)

Anyway:

1) There were people dissing Doom when it first came out, for being violent and stuff. For some reason, this category of Doom haters doesn't bother me too much, partly because I understand their point, and partly because frankly my dear, I don't give a damn :-)

2) There were people dissing Doom by comparing it to other FPS games on the market (and, let's be honest, most of DOOM's direct competitors at least until Duke Nukem 3D and Dark Forces were quite inferior, in terms of 3D engine capabilities, gameplay, controls, execution speed and program optimization. One too many reviewers and video game magazines hurried yelling "Ooh, game X is out, so the King (Doom) is dead, long live the King (X) !" Bah ignorant stupid people didn't know they would be pwnzr3d by source ports a few years later :-p

3) There were people dissing Doom for being "too old, too little, too late" when Final Doom was released. I even FLAMED my favourite PC magazine back in 1996 for giving a negative (60%) review to Final Doom (note: they had given an almost perfect 99% to the original Doom/Doom 2 and had dedicated something like 20 pages on a special issue)

Read these reviews then, from very same person... bah he fails it..

Again he seems to find joy in putting down a game that is considered one of the best ones ever..
http://www.mobygames.com/game/n64/legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-time/reviews/reviewerId,6226/

And Broken is a great game for its kind..
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/broken-sword-the-smoking-mirror/reviews/reviewerId,6226/

(This review is dull even if he gives it a good score.. It looks like a good game though, it's just how he does his failing reviews...)
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/outlaws/reviews/reviewerId,6226/

You just gotta read this one...
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/amerzone-the-explorers-legacy/reviews/reviewerId,6226/
And this is a stupid review too.. (I guess I would find all his reviews stupid, not because he oputs down or likes a game, but how he writes them at all..)

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/kings-quest-collection-series/reviews/reviewerId,6226/

Bah, Diablo is for RPG Hack N SLash games as Doom is for FPS games...
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/diablo/reviews/reviewerId,6226/

Okay I actually do more on my spare time than write rants.. or so.. Well sometimes we just gotta rant about stupidity..

Funny that he mentioned doom as being an bad game in two of the reviews.

One-line Summary:
Doom can go to hell!

Maybe Doom or Quake or another brainless excuse for a game

I don't understand what is the point of playing stupid games like Doom

He must really dislike doom, these are not my words before im getting flamed here :)

for example you shoot the arm of a monster, it tears off him, and slams the screen, leaving lots of gory bloody traces on the screen

I wish!

Anyone who thinks Goldeneye is better than Doom needs to get their head examined. Hell, there wouldnt BE a Goldeneye without Doom.

"I don't hate FPSs. I really don't. Some of my favorite games belong to this genre or were largely based on it, such as Outlaws, No One Lives Forever, Deus Ex, or Max Payne. I dislike "Doom" not because it was one of the first FPSs, not because it defined the genre."

What games were those again?

Bank said:

I wish!

Anyone who thinks Goldeneye is better than Doom needs to get their head examined. Hell, there wouldnt BE a Goldeneye without Doom.

I don't agree with that though, Doom was clearly not the first game for its kind, even though and still is revolutionary, I think it was mostly on the network plane, as well as graphical and such stuff, oh and probably a bit on the singleplayer side as well, because it allowed a much more sophisticated scare, but otherwise, games such as Ultima Underworld 1-2 Delivered quite much, and pretty much earlier too. Ps! Doom did'nt create the genre, neither or did Wolfenstein 3D, they may have refined it however.

Kinkyfriend said:

I don't agree with that though, Doom was clearly not the first game for its kind, even though and still is revolutionary, I think it was mostly on the network plane, as well as graphical and such stuff, oh and probably a bit on the singleplayer side as well, because it allowed a much more sophisticated scare, but otherwise, games such as Ultima Underworld 1-2 Delivered quite much, and pretty much earlier too. Ps! Doom did'nt create the genre, neither or did Wolfenstein 3D, they may have refined it however.

Of course it wasnt, I'm not saying it was. I'm saying that Doom popularized the FPS genre as we know it today. (Without points/lives/etc.)

Bloodshedder said:

You people are caring way too much about one person's opinion.

Lüt said:

But it's not brilliant! It's not brilliant, it's rubbish! Everybody know's that; rubbish.

Telephones, they're rubbish in all. Telephones... you got something to say? You got something to say, say it to their face! Bloody rubbish! All this is bloody rubbish, all of that is their rubbish...

Tell you what else is rubbish: pop music. "Take that, take that", take what? The rubbish! East 17, they're bloody rubbish in all. East 17, how can they be making a comeback? They were bloody rubbish in the first place!

Dolphins? Whales? What's that about? What's that about, dolphins and whales? Who gives a monkey? It's all rubbish.

The great issue. The O-zone layer. Rubbish! That's what it is, rubbish. Absolute rubbish.

Then you've got TV. What have you got on TV? 4 channels, that's rubbish for a start. Then you've the news; that's boring, that rubbish. Then you've got entertainment, but that's not the least bit entertaining, that's rubbish. Then you've got sports, and sport's no good now, so I mean, that's rubbish. So, you know, TV... rubbish.

Then there's films. Films, what choice have you got these days, what can you go and see? You go to pictures, you can go to one of those massive places with 12 different screens... 12 screens they've got, and what are they showing? 12 SCREENS OF RUBBISH! ABSOLUTE, BLOODY RUBBISH!

But it is brilliant!

Ain't golf brilliant? It's fantastic innit! You play it in Scotland, and what you do is like, hit a little ball with a big stick into a little hole, long way off! And you can have as many goes as you like, brilliant! And old men play it, which is brilliant! 'Cause let's face it, they're rubbish at football, aren't they? Yeah, and you play golf on a green, which is called a green, because it's green!

Ain't grass brilliant! I mean, imagine what life would be like without grass! You know, all the sheep would die, and we'd have no wooly jumpers or lamb chops! That'd be terrible wouldn't it, you know...

Really terrible! And grass snakes would have nowhere to live! After that, they'd have to change their names to, I dunno, mud snakes or something.

Aren't horses fantastic! What they are, is like really old fashioned cars! Except they ain't got no windscreen wipers!

Brilliant!

I just don't understand those christians bashing Doom. You're playing the role of a marine who fights evil and tries to save the Earth.
How can that be evil? They should praise Doom :p

Damn, the nerve of that guy. We should hang the reviewer and use the BFG on him for this. :)

XXoXX said:

Damn, the nerve of that guy. We should hang the reviewer and use the BFG on him for this. :)

Yeah lets grab out doom guns and kill him the doom way, that way he'll die the perfect way he hate so much :)

I think people should have an opinion. If you dont like doom fine, but what really angers me is this whole "THIS GAME TEACHES CHILDREN KILLING IS GOOD!" or "THIS GAME WILL MAKE CHILDREN ENJOY KILLING!"... yes of course it does. Obviously if I shoot a fictional pixelated monster I will go to my local gun shop and kill the first person I see.