Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kennychan

What weapons do you use most?

For me, I like to use Plasma gun, BFG , Rocket and Supershotgun.

Supershotgun is extremely powerful in short range. One shot, one kill for a doomer

BFG can kill several people in the same time. If even the people aren't hit by energy balls, they are seriously injured by radiation emitted by energy ball

Rocket ,like BFG, also powerful to doomers. Be carefull, it hurts yourself if it use in short range.( Unless you want to suicide)

Plasma gun is a upgraded version of mechine gun. The shooting rate is as fast as Chaingun or minigun. Each energy ball can deduce 10 - 20% health of a doomers. If someone shoot another in short range, the guy who got shot will die in short time.

Lemme see...

Well, Shotgun in Doom 1, and SSG in Doom 2 :-)

I also use the Shotgun in Doom 2, but only when I need to save on ammo, or "snipe" that imp on that distant cliff, or shoot through windows (the SSG wastes too many pellets on walls in those situations).

Chaingun...bah, that's a hot & cold kind of weapon. It's just like shooting your pistol rapidly (including the sound). Was really weedy in vanilla doom, only good vs imps, cacodemons and pail elementals/lost souls (since it kept them at bay) but far too weak and non-painful for anything else. In source ports it seems buffed, for some reason, though.

Rocket launcher: everyone like this one, cool even against groups of infantry in closed rooms, if you know what you're doing.

Berserker pack: I prefer this over the chainsaw, if available. Lets me wade through those pinkies and even tyson some hell knight/baron and even mancubus/cace with no trouble, thus saving ammo. Very nasty if used through windows/openings vs walking-by baddies :-p

Plasma gun: good for crowd control e.g. keeping that bunch of Barons busy, but it's more efficient to use the BFG, if you have it. 40 BFG cells != 40 Plasma cells.

BFG-9000: good for solving most "trouble" efficiently and quickly. Can show its limits in too crowded skirmishes, though.

All but pistol and melee weapons. :P

SSG is a definite winner, sure, but they all have their uses. That's why it's better to have "only" 7 weapons instead of that massive +10 in modern games, where every gun has the same use and most of them end up being useless.

In Skulltag, Railgun, but you need to be REALLY acurate, but its an Insta-Gibber.
In Everything without SKulltag Weapons, its Shotgun, umm.... because it looks cool.

The Supershotgun because it's always there, plus the ammo is plentiful.

The other guns I use besides that are the Chaingun and Rocket Launcher.

I usually use the shotgun on zombies and imps.
When I'm up against a pinky demon, or medium monsters I use the ssg or rocket launcher.
I reserve the chaingun for revenants and distant chaingunners.
When there is a Cyberdemon, arch vile, or spider mastermind around, I pull out the BFG 9000 or the plasma gun and hose them down with it.

I propose a new "what .... do you ... the most" thread.

"What type of personal Doom preference thread do you see on these forums the most?" :P

For me, it's probably the "what weapon" one closely followed by the "favourite/least favourite monster" ones.

Th0r said:

Chainsaw ONLY

Wow! Chainsaw..... get some meat and divid them into half.

I don't use Chainsaw because it is too danger if I fight against Hell Knight

best ones i got!

k if i'm playing a serious game i try to use shotty n save big weapons for big enemies, but if i'm cheating i flood everything with bfg. doom chainsaw massacre can be fun too :D

:P i only use the pump action shotgun...a nice anti monster weapon. like, if u walk in a dark, dark place and like 35 imp´s is attacking you...just "Bang bang" a few times and like those motherfuckers will not make a move:cool:

junior_ralle said:

:P i only use the pump action shotgun...a nice anti monster weapon. like, if u walk in a dark, dark place and like 35 imp´s is attacking you...just "Bang bang" a few times and like those motherfuckers will not make a move:cool:

You really like the word "Mother fucker" don't you?

The only time I really use the shotgun is when the SSG isn't available, or if I'm up against weaker monsters. Otherwise, I keep the SSG out. If I don't have a shotgun, or a SSG. The Rocket Launcher is my back up weapon. The rocket launcher is great at medium range, but I don't trust it enough at long range. And I sure as hell don't trust it at close range.