Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AlysiumX

New Video Editing Tutorials

I started doing some video tutorials for anybody that need some help with doom editing, right now im on my vanilla doom series lessons, but afterword I plan to start in on some more advanced stuff such as legacy features as well as some zdoom tutorials. I also plan to do some on making weapons using xwe, wintex, and whacked. Let me know what you think.

Heres the site.

http://www.freewebs.com/solsnk/tutorials.htm

I didn't check any of these out, but its a good idea and a worthy contribution for anyone who's ever wanted to know how to make a map for Doom.

Macro11_1 said:

Wai to go X, Now maby those b00bs who wana know how to map will stop buggin the rest of us!

Yeah cuz heaven forbid someone ask questions or do searching on their own! I suppose you were born just dripping with mapping talent so you didn't need to worry about being a "noob" right?

Video tutorials are "ok" but even if done really well they can still be only part of the picture, part of the arsenal of tools to help.

Well even then, i do believe there better to have then not. They can also be better than just text on a screen, its more like hands on learning.

Mancubus II said:

Yeah cuz heaven forbid someone ask questions or do searching on their own! I suppose you were born just dripping with mapping talent so you didn't need to worry about being a "noob" right?

Video tutorials are "ok" but even if done really well they can still be only part of the picture, part of the arsenal of tools to help.

Well yes I was BORN WITH ALL THIS TALENT..

no not really, and I do ask many questions here my self, what I meant was something different, when there are people who want to map per say, but dont want to spend the time or effort it takes to learn. So they ask others to make maps for them, or something.

And No I dont have that much talent, but I do know how to map, and I have to just take a moment here and thank you guys at doomworld for putting up tutorials and stuff, because with out that I probably would be still trying to learn. Oh well, I guess my comment was a little harsh, ill refrain from doing that in the future.

Again, I say this is a great Idea though, It should help, becuase I havent seen any video tutorials for doom mapping.

Would anybody else be intrested in contributing some videos tutorials too this?

I might already have another person helping me as well, but anyone who is willing to do some video tutorials, i can help with what programs are needed and such so all you pretty much need is skills.

Pretty sweet. I watched all of the first lesson and even after having used Doom Builder for a while, I learned a couple things. I hadn't realized you could use Home/End and Page up/down to change heights, which really speeds things up.

This is a great idea for all the people who come around looking for help. Back when I first started mapping I certainly could have benefited from something like this.

EDIT: Having just watched part of Lesson 2, I don't know if it's just me but in 3D mode, before you turn the light level up, I can't see anything at all. Once the light is up a bit, I can see somewhat, but any detail (like when you talk about the textures not being aligned) I can't see with the video quality so low.

I know about how choppy lesson 2 is, ill try to make things a little more viewable in later lessons.

Alysium Productions is now hosted on doom wad station, and now features doom audio news a daily source for what going on around the doom community as well as 4 lessons on vanilla doom editing spanning 1hr 36 min and 99mb worth of tutorial goodness.

check it out at http://tutorials.doomwadstation.com

The vanilla doom series is now officially complete. You can now learn complete vanilla doom editing in 5 easy lessons, from getting started making rooms, pass the technical things such as doors and teleports, to the special tips and trick of editing such as fake slopes and 3d floors. Its all there spread over a total of 2hr 23 min and having about 158 mb of content. Next I plan to start on legacy using this beginning guide as a base for learning. Let me know what you guys think, thanks.

http://tutorials.doomwadstation.com