Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinyx

Death blows on a boss? possible?

Ok heres my idea. Im gonna make a new cybie sprite. Its gonna be what it was BEFORE the cybie operation. At the end of a really long fight (I'm gonna make the boss a bitch so my idea will go off great)
I wanna have it where the boss drops to the ground on its knees, and while its there you can finish it off. You know classic good guy just kicked your ass moment. I was just wondering though would it have to be something like when the boss dies it spawns a "new" monster in the form of the boss on its knees? Or can i make the monster with like 5 health left go to this animation? I think the first way would have less scripting involved and be easier but any other ideas would be great.

of course you can do the first way, have it drop something just like a zombieman drops an ammo pack :) dehacked FTW.

If you are using Zdoom DECORATE, you could use the wound state

Wound
This state is entered when the actor's health is lower than woundhealth property but greater than 0.

sinyx said:

Ok heres my idea. Im gonna make a new cybie sprite. Its gonna be what it was BEFORE the cybie operation. At the end of a really long fight (I'm gonna make the boss a bitch so my idea will go off great)
I wanna have it where the boss drops to the ground on its knees, and while its there you can finish it off. You know classic good guy just kicked your ass moment. I was just wondering though would it have to be something like when the boss dies it spawns a "new" monster in the form of the boss on its knees? Or can i make the monster with like 5 health left go to this animation? I think the first way would have less scripting involved and be easier but any other ideas would be great.

That actually seems pretty cool! Hope it gets done.

The first method is generally the most common, but I think it's possible the other way too. You can do it in Decorate for G/ZDoom, and I believe it's possible in EDGE too, but don't quote me on that.