Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Foofoo

what if the doomguy just dreamt the whole thing?

consider this: while playing cards with his buddies before they went into action, Doomguy fell asleep on the table and dreamt of fighting demons etc. now, what comes into question is, if this hypothesis is feasible, what *really* happens when they go into the base and what do they *really* encounter?

I had this concept when I was making a wad one time; Doomguy falls asleep and appears in Hell - but I didn't go with it because there is no consequence of death (in a dream), which leads to an unnecesary goal that's not worth completing story-wise.

They go into the base and discover the 2.5D horrors of sector based mapping and sprites.

Enjay said:
They get to the base and Bobby Ewing just steps out of the shower.

The Classic :)

Coopersville said:

The demons he saw were just cult members trying to lead him to the church where he is to give birth to God.

Scientology doom

DeumReaper said:

I had this concept when I was making a wad one time; Doomguy falls asleep and appears in Hell - but I didn't go with it because there is no consequence of death (in a dream), which leads to an unnecesary goal that's not worth completing story-wise.

It worked in SMB 2.

SMB 2 was a bigger hit. Even though it was a ripoff.

1. If he dreamt that ENTIRE thing he must have been on some kind of drugs. You must be to think up something so freakin crazy (yet awsome) as a spidermastermind.
2. After he woke up he would simply walk back to his locker for... twinkies and milk!

jetflock said:

All the ethnic sterotypes from Batman Doom.

Heh, who would have guessed that a Doom mod based on a kid show/comic would contain so much racism?
All the weaker enemies were black, while the more dangerous ones were Asian...

Anywayz0r...
When they finally reach the Phobos moon base, they find out that Paris Hilton has bought out the UAC. No longer is it the Union Aerospace corporation. It is now the Ultimate assecories corporation. There is something suspicious about this though... Paris Hilton is not intelligent enough to come up with something like this. You must find out who the true mastermind behind this horible nightmare is!