Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pete The Padre

Side Project: Sanitarium

Hello!

Im currently on a little sideproject and i was just wanna show you all some screenies and see what you all think.

Critics appreciated!

Captain Red said:

Nazis?

bah, so what? I would like to some some non wolfen levels with nazis in them.

Th0r said:
bah, so what? I would like to some some non wolfen levels with nazis in them.

They look silly; you can always use the variant made by (I think) Enjay (green dudes without helmets that act just like the Nazis) or these.

Even a recolour of the Nazis would be fine. The level looks as if it has a nice, gritty, grainy, "real" feel to it and, unfortunately, the bright blue cartoony Nazis are in stark contrast to it.

Cool looks like an nazi top secrect science lab or something :) the blue color of the ss nazi doesn't fit really well.
That dead spacemarine jammed under the door is an cool little detail.

It looks good, but I'd really suggest you remove the nazis. They're a pretty cheesey enemy, and because they've only got one attack angle, they tend to get sort of confusing during monster in-fights. If you really want human enemies, you can just use XWE to replace the zombie dudes' frames.

What's the matter with Nazis?!
Anyway, screenshots look good. :) I'd try adding detail to floor too, e.g. missing tiles.

Meh, missing tiles is so popular to do, for some reason. How often is tiles really missing in a floor anyway?

Looking really good. The level seems dirty and ugly (in a good way), I just hope the nazis won't be in the final version.

kristus said:

Meh, missing tiles is so popular to do, for some reason. How often is tiles really missing in a floor anyway?

You can add some stairs too, of course! I'ts even more popular...! ;)

Thank you guys very much for the comments.
And i just wanna state that the nazis is not suppose to be nazies at all, i agree they do not fit, in anyway. But they are suppose to be acting like "nuthouse" personel, (it beeing in fact a Sanitarium)

Allthough they will not be in the final version so don't sweat it.
what im looking for is some guys, simmillar to nazis but in like white outfits, since that would look better.

but cast the nazis aside for now when looking at the pics ;)

I was happy to hear you comment my level as dirty and shabby(in a good way) becouse that is the feel im trying to capture:)
like an old abandoned(almost anyway) mental institution, with a touch of secret biological research(schh! don't tell anyone).

Keep the comments coming :) ill be back with new screens shortly

Try downloading the demo for Blake Stone and using a tool like XWE to extract the sprites. There were scientists in that game that would work pretty well as sanitarium doctors. They might be a little too small, since most games using the Wolfenstein engine had 64x64 sprites, and might need touching up to work in Doom's palette.

Well the release date is in a bit of blur :S
since ive just started this thing as a fun thought, but its getting more serious than i thought now and i'll see if ill make this my main focus for some weeks. its turning out pretty darn well i think, so ill se what i can do, Don't wanna rush it either though and be left out with some unfinished stuff.

First off let me apoligise for this time of absence.

The reason why i havent been here for so many months now is becouse i had a electrical "meltdown" over here, resulting in my computer beeing totaly destroyed >(, along with my harddrive and everything on it! including all Doom related stuff...
So, i wept, and i mourned all my precious Doom Work beeing obliviated.

So all of you(if any) waiting for the Sanitarium Wad, no need to say, can stop waiting becouse it is lost forever.

i am telling you this with a lump in my throat; My Doom Days are forever over, since all my work was destroyed i have no motivation to start over again.
Im sorry...
Pete The Padre