Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rebdoomin

hello. How do i take screen shots?

hi. How do i make doom2 screen shots besides using my camera phone?
this is on doom2. not zdoom, not boom, no other consoles. just doom2 the game its self

lol please reply. tnx

Vader said:
F12!
Not that hard to figure out :/

Uh, F12 is normally the MultiPlayer spycam...

If you use Windows PrtSc takes them no matter what port (unless you bound something else to PrtSc in that port).

hmm I was actually about to post a question here about something which lead to another question about screen shots :P

I tried taking a screen shot. The color completely screws up so you can't really tell heads or tails what you're looking at (when you hit prnt screen). I'm using Zdoom 2.1.3.

heres what the picture looks like when I use prnt scr to capture it.

http://h1.ripway.com/sonic13/ew.jpg

any suggestions? This leads to another question btw ;P

hmm... that didn't work archon... the pictures still come out the same =(

and Belial, where do you enter this -devparm ?

I want you to know that I know nothing about anything. I simply once in a while will sit down and play a round of doom. My computer skills are next to idiotic.

If you're using ZDoom, "SCREENSHOT" should be listed in the "CUSTOMIZE CONTROLS" menu, highlight it, press "BACKSPACE", then "ENTER", then press the key that you want to use to take screenshots. If you press this key during the game, a screenshot will be taken and a PNG file will appear in your ZDoom folder.

ah hah! That solves my problem, thank you very much!

Now I need to make a topic about that other problem I'm having D:

sonic_13 said:

hmm I was actually about to post a question here about something which lead to another question about screen shots :P

I tried taking a screen shot. The color completely screws up so you can't really tell heads or tails what you're looking at (when you hit prnt screen). I'm using Zdoom 2.1.3.

heres what the picture looks like when I use prnt scr to capture it.

http://h1.ripway.com/sonic13/ew.jpg

any suggestions? This leads to another question btw ;P

I can't see nothing bad on this picture had you a something on your eyes?

Hahaa that was joke. Firs you have to edit zdoom.cfg file and select screenshot direction. Then you simply select a witch button takes screenshot and vola! You can take screenshot for now on and ever.

JonTTu111 said:

Firs you have to edit zdoom.cfg file and select screenshot direction. Then you simply select a witch button takes screenshot and vola! You can take screenshot for now on and ever.

Zdoom hasn't used a file called zdoom.cfg to hold its preferences for years. It uses ini files. And what's wrong with just using the customise keys menu anyway (as Doom_user suggested)? No need to edit the ini, screenshot is near the end of them in-game menu. Even if you didn't want to do that, for some perverse reason, you could bind "screenshot" to something via the console.

TheDarkArchon said:

Am I the only one that knows the fact that Prnt Scrn is bound to screenshot by default in ZDoom anyway?

No need to feel alone. I know this too. ;)

SRy, but that ZDooM file matters, cos there is a row called screenshots dir is empty so you have to make a dir to take screenshots. Or they will not be saved anywhere

JonTTu111 said:

SRy, but that ZDooM file matters, cos there is a row called screenshots dir is empty so you have to make a dir to take screenshots. Or they will not be saved anywhere

What the hell are you talking about?
Just press prt scr, and then it should display a message at the top of the screen saying where the screen shot was saved (Usually in the same folder as Zdoom itself.) Go to that directory and it should be right there.
That's how it works for me.

JonTTu111 said:

Not true.

As a matter of interest, what version of Zdoom are you running? There were a few versions where screenshots would end up saved in quite unexpected directories.

And I repeat, Zdoom does not save its settings in cfg files anymore, it uses ini files. CFG files can be used to load certain things at startup but they have to be specified on the command line (or loaded from the console) unless their name is autoexec.cfg

If it is the newest, it's 2.1.4. There have been around 60 2.somethings and some of them were the ones that had the problem I mentioned.

Try typing screenshot_dir at the console and see what it says. You can also set the screenshot directory explicitly using this command. eg screenshot_dir "c:\temp"

It matters because typing it without parameters tells you which directory Zdoom is using - to confirm for you whather the shots are going where you think they should.

It's also useful for setting the directory if, for what ever reason, you'd rather do it that way than edit the ini.

There is no trouble if you know what you edit on that ini file. I do not change rows what I do not know.

On that File what makes same on DooM3 (That notepad.). You have to write playershadow1 if you want that on and I don't know why.