Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nizan

textures

hello i new i have question on textures how i can add more textures to doom 2 i mean i want to put the sky of the hell from the first doom how i can do that?

You will need a resource editing utility such as XWE or Deep Sea. You can use the utility to insert the new graphic (known as a patch) into your PWAD (your own wad file, not the DooM.wad or DooM2.wad files). If you replace an existing patch with a patch of the same size (dimensions) then you will not need to edit the TEXTURE lump. As you are planning to replace one DooM sky with another one, you will not need to edit the TEXTURE lump.

IMPORTANT: Do not edit your IWAD (doom.wad or doom2.wad). Instead, always work with a PWAD. Better yet, if you don't have the original install disks or CD, make a copy of the IWAD before messing with stuff in an editor.

listen i know the game this game 6 years and just now i download the xwe i can find a guide but can you say to me this tool is hard ?

Just like every other tool, XWE requires some learning. Unfortunately, the Help file is very rudimentary. To answer your questions there is a forum on DooM World.

If you still can't figure out how to insert a graphic using XWE ask again on this forum. I will try to walk you through the simple process.

A. Which of the 3 DooM2 skies do you want to replace?

RSKY1 is the name of the patch for the first sky, RSKY2 is the name for the second, and RSKY3 is the name for the third. Rename your DooM sky (the Hell sky is SKY3) to whichever sky you want to replace.

B. Do you simply want the sky to be replaced or do you also want to create one or more custom maps? The steps to simply replace the sky are listed below:

1. In XWE, start by bringing down the File menu and selecting New.
    2. At the prompt, provide the file name and location to save to.
    3. Bring down the Entry menu and select Load.
    4. Browse to the location of your sky graphic and select the graphic file.
    5. Select the entry (e.g., SKY3), bring down the Entry menu, and select Rename. Then rename the entry to, say, RSKY1.
    6. Close or Exit XWE.
When playing DooM2 with the new sky, use a command line, batch file, or drag & drop action to add your sky wad to DooM2. E.g.:

doom2 -file newsky.wad -skill 4

guys i replace it! now in the first episode of the first doom the sky is from the episode 3 thnx from today i know how to replace too and i know how to maaping too thnx for all