Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sonic_13

What is this strange graphic?

I am running Zdoom 2.1.3. Throughout various wads I have played I've been finding a strange graphic, that I think might indicate the game is not loading something right (as often times dead ends of the level seem to lead to this graphic).

It is an orange kind of cube with an exclamation mark in it.

Here is a screenshot http://h1.ripway.com/sonic13/DOOM0000.png

Can someone tell me what this means and how to fix it?

It means the engine tried to spawn an item with an unknown editor number. If you see this look in the console for an error message that says what went wrong.

ah, I see the error occur in the console. "uknown type at 5004 ([insert coordinates here])"

What does this mean? how do I make it so it knows what it is?

Apparently you tried to start a Skulltag or Legacy map with ZDoom. These ports define things with a type of 5004. ZDoom does not.

oooh ok, so basically you're saying I should run the wad with another source port?

I understand, thank you very much :D

well the picture I showed I cannot remember. The one I pulled the error message from was called "Nimrod". You play as some half cyborg thing, it was kinda fun, but seemed impossible to beat towards the end. Probably having something to do with that <!> thing.

sonic_13 said:

well the picture I showed I cannot remember. The one I pulled the error message from was called "Nimrod". You play as some half cyborg thing, it was kinda fun, but seemed impossible to beat towards the end. Probably having something to do with that thing.

It's a Legacy wad.

ah, thank you :D

I guess I will go download legacy! I should read the FAQs from now on so I know what source port I'm supposed to be using ;P

esselfortium said:

It's a Legacy wad.

ROFL

Yeah sonic, it's amazing you managed to get near the end of Nimrod with ZDoom :P There should've been all kinds of missing 3D floors and other things.