Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
TawmDee

New Metallica song

Load had a couple of good tracks, tbh, it was alright. But yes, it had quite a bit of filler. So I guess I liked it.

Reload was fillercity. There were barely any exciting tracks :\

But you know S&M is their best album :P

Bucket said:

What is it called when we stopped liking Metallica after puberty settled in?

Loss of hearing?

Bucket said:

Fucked if I know. My diatribe about "At what point did you think Metallica became sU}{0rs?" stems from having to listen to idiots speak.

The ones that think they have supreme taste in all that is heavy. Ones that babble on about how Lamb of God is the best metal band ever. I'm tired of hearing idiots calling them the next Slayer.

They can fuckoff on the notion. Seen those fuckers live when Slayer ripped through town.

Set order went like this:

Thine Eyes Bleed

Children of Bodom

Mastodon

Lamb of Fagottry

Slayer

They put them on right before Slayer instead of Children of Bodom. Guess what? Lamb of God blew goats. Vocalist goes all "GRR GGRR GOR NER ROAR GRR GRR" for the whole set like a douchebag. But I guess I must be a fucking idiot to think that because Lamb of God is the bestest metal ever!

Vocals like that are screamo for the horribly constipated. Now I turned this into a Lamb of God rant. But to tie it back to the point. If there is such a thing. At what point did you stop liking Metallica? It ties in well with whole theme of elitist IR good taste metal music.

Lotsa hardcore metal heads of the time were choked when the Black album came out. Thought they sold out cause they got a music video. Then when Load came out, once again people were bitching because they cut their hair, wasn't thrash. St Anger comes out, now everybody shits on them.

Me myself, I like the Load album, and not afraid to admit it. I just get sick of hearing elitism horseshit on what metal I should or shouldn't be listening to. "Yeah, that black metalband no one has ever heard of from buttfuck Europe is awesome. You're so much better than me because you listen to them."

POTGIESSER said:

Lotsa hardcore metal heads of the time were choked when the Black album came out.

"Yeah, that black metalband no one has ever heard of from buttfuck Europe is awesome. You're so much better than me because you listen to them."

I was one of those hardcore metal heads that didnt like the Black Album. But, not because they were selling out. It was not that great.

To me it sounded like they were trying to be some a whole diffrent bad. Here you have a bad that was singing about war, how fucked our goverment is.

Then the Black Ablum comes out and Hetfield writes a song for his girlfriend? Nothing Else Matters could have been a huge love song for an 80's hair band. To me it didnt sound like them.

As for Black Metal. So, what if they heard of some band. Most people out side of Norway and Sweden think they know what Black Metal is and what Black Metal is all about dont know shit. So next time you run it to one of those people just look at whos talking and laugh at there stupidity.

Oh, and the term "Sell Outs" is stuped in the fist place. Most bands want to get on a record lable and SELL there music. If it was not for the fact that they want to SELL there music you would not have there Cd in the fist place. So calling a band a "Sell Out" when you Buy the music they are Selling makes no sence.

Sell Out is a term used buy people moving from fad to fad trying to justify moving on to the next big thing in music.

To me, I think the black album is fine. More accessible? Yes. Slower? Yes. But it's still heavy (for the most part) and that's what I look for from a band like Metallica.

There is an MP3 recording of this song, which actually has decent sound quality here: rapidshare
Edit: oh shit nvm, this vid is higher quality than the previous one.

Step in the right direction. Song really picked up in the second half. Leaves reasonable hope for the album itself.

I like all Metallica songs from Kill Em All up to certain selections from Black. Load-era stuff is annoying and just makes me wish there was more of the earlier stuff. Given half a chance I would see them live for sure.

Definitely see them live! They still live up to their reputation and seeing them live now is just as amazing as it looks on their live DVDs, such as Live Sh*t and Cunning Stunts.

I like all their albums. Obviously, I wouldn't be a proper Metallica fan if I didn't like their old stuff better than Black album onwards, but I still like most of the stuff off of the Black album, Load, Reload and yes, even St. Anger, although I agree that it is by far their worst album and nothing like their others. However, if you watch the Some Kind of Monster film, you'll see that that was kind of done deliberately and they regretted it afterwards.

I wish I saw 'em live when they still had Newstead. I know he didn't exactly make the band or anything, but I don't like that new guy.

I did like Newstead and wish I'd seen them live with him, but I also like Rob Trujillo and believe me, he proved himself at Download. He made Orion sound fucking amazing, and I don't think they'd ever played Orion live before this year, because it's so hard, so that's saying something about Rob.

A lot of people who don't like St. Anger blame that on Rob, but that's not a very intelligent thing to do as Rob wasn't in the band until after St. Anger had been written, and I don't think he even played bass on the album.

Rob Trujillo dose not need to prove him self. He was a great bassist even be for he started playing with Metallica.

MaTT [Tik] you sould pick up Lights, Camera, Revolution or Prime Cuts by Suicidal Tendencies. What he did with ST is way better then what he is doing woth Metallica.

Bucket said:

Maturity.

If more metal bands were like Type O Negative, the world would be awesome.

Lüt said:
What's good about them?

And are they even metal?

I think they qualify as metal. I don't see how they're not. And if you don't realise their awesomeness, well I'm sorry. :(

MaTT [TiK] said:
A lot of people who don't like St. Anger blame that on Rob, but that's not a very intelligent thing to do as Rob wasn't in the band until after St. Anger had been written, and I don't think he even played bass on the album.

Correct. Bob Rock did.

Rotting Corpse said:

Rob Trujillo dose not need to prove him self. He was a great bassist even be for he started playing with Metallica.

MaTT [Tik] you sould pick up Lights, Camera, Revolution or Prime Cuts by Suicidal Tendencies. What he did with ST is way better then what he is doing woth Metallica.

Ok, I may have to check that out. Thanks.

kristus said:

Fuck all that. Devin Townsend and Strapping young lad is THE NEW BLACK! XO

Heh, I saw Strapping Young Lad at Download too, but that was the first I'd heard of them so I didn't pay too much attention, just thought the singer seemed weird :) I'll download some when I get the chance and listen to it properly.

JoelMurdoch said:

Correct. Bob Rock did.

Yep. Rob Trujillo only joined Metallica after the album had been recorded, but he is still the bassist named in the album credits.