Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeumReaper

Is there Doom in Strife format?

Is there currently a means or plans of integrating full compatibility of Strife features into Doom thru ZDoom or GZDoom? ATM I can't get into the DRD website to check if there is even full support for Strife in GZDoom (can anyone confirm this?) A search in DW doesn't show this as a fact, however I discovered there is Strife in Hexen format.
Story is, I just got retail Strife, and while I can play it fine in vanilla, I thought of an idea, which is the real point of the thread:

I want to recreate the Doom plotline with Strife features. If the above scenario does not exist, I would basically make a Doom TC for Strife. While I wouldn't copy/paste any Doom maps (all would be original), I could import the textures and weapons and monsters.

Now a Doom TC for vanilla Strife would be pointless if I could just map Doom in Strife format, see where I'm getting at?
Are any of these ideas reasonable?

Strife is fully playable in (G)ZDoom and all its features are accessible by the other games. So you should be able to do what you want.

DeumReaper said:

I want to recreate the Doom plotline with Strife features.

This would make me incredibly happy.

nightmare93 said:

question how do i get strife? do i buy or download???

It's priced from US$ 15 at Amazon and from US$ 12.50 at eBay. These prices do not include shipping & handling costs.