Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofhell

This is just wrong

dehr: Noone is bothering to do anything about it. Noone is writing about it. Noone is even talking about it.

Aka noone cares.
Thinking "I care" whenever some article pops up is pretty pointless. Only serves to make yourself feel better about yourself. Doesn't help the victims since you don't really care. You just care for your own personal self esteem.

There is no reason to turn this into a guilt trip. Some people get upset because the Chinese brutally killed 50,000 dogs and suddenly that gives you the right to judge them because, oh noes, we aren't talking about how people die in horrible ways everyday instead and therefore we don't care as much! Get off your high horse. Why bring up an unrelated subject and politics into this?

Do you honestly believe for a second that we don't care about our fellow people? You would be a fool to think so. Some people are just trying to express their feelings on the subject at hand. It would help if some people didn't insist on raining on others parade and being high-and-mighty about it.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be reading the thousands of other articles about death, maiming, and torture not related to animals on CNN and MSN thank you very much.

kristus said:

dehr: Noone is bothering to do anything about it. Noone is writing about it. Noone is even talking about it.

Aka noone cares.
Thinking "I care" whenever some article pops up is pretty pointless. Only serves to make yourself feel better about yourself. Doesn't help the victims since you don't really care. You just care for your own personal self esteem.

No it doesn't help the victims. But what can i or any of us do personally to help situations such as these other than offer support, donations to organizations hlping to fight for the cause, and bitching at anyone willing to listen to us bitch.

Just because i can't go over there and prevent the slaughter of babies or the beating death of dogs doesn't mean i don't care or others don't. Also don't assume that just because the news media apparently doesn't care enough to cover it that nobody else does either..

People tend to get worked up more about animals being abused because they're usually defenseless and innocent and did nothing to deserve it. Innocent civilians being killed = part of war, always has been. The U.S. isn't deliberately killing innocent people like many other nations do, it's just kinda hard to avoid in urban warfare, especially when the fucking coward insurgents are always amongst the civilian populace. It's like fucking vietnam, you don't know who your enemy is.

EDIT: Oh and on topic....the hunt continues:

msnbc.msn.com/id/14181622/

Ok is it the fact that they are dogs or that they are being clubbed to death or that it's China?? Because in March Canada's annual seal hunt begun, amid international appeals for an end to the controversial cull.
Up to 325,000 young harp seal pups could be killed in the coming weeks, by clubbing. Didn't see any mention on these boards about that.

Once again, you are missing the point. Baby seals being brutally clubbed is just as horrific as dogs. Nobody is saying that baby seals or humans are of less importance than the dogs. And it is not an issue of a numbers, either. If it were only 1,000 dogs or seals or whatever animal you wish, it would still be an act of depravity.

I hate to invoke Godwin's law, but let's use Hitler as an example. Let's say he only killed 1,000,000 people. Would that make him less of a monster? Should we suddenly forgive him or be less outraged? The answer should be obvious. Even if he only killed 100,000 or 1,000 or 100 or even just 1 person, he would still be commiting a terrible crime.

Only you have brought up the issue of numbers or "insert object x being brutally beaten" into the equation. Nobody has said that it is okay for people or seals or whatever to be killed, or that any of those are less/more important than another. The wanton destruction of any species is an atrocity.

Not to be an asshat, but I wonder how many people would care if a mosquito-killing spree was announced.

fodders said:

Ok is it the fact that they are dogs or that they are being clubbed to death or that it's China?? Because in March Canada's annual seal hunt begun, amid international appeals for an end to the controversial cull.
Up to 325,000 young harp seal pups could be killed in the coming weeks, by clubbing. Didn't see any mention on these boards about that.

Your way off base again. First I think we would all be equally as outraged if this happened in the United States or anywhere else for that matter.

Second I did not know about any seal hunt and if we were discussing that I think we would all be just as upset as we are now. But if we did have a thread on the seals wouldn't it end the same way. Trolls trying to bring US foreign affair politics into it and a bunch of idiots telling us that we don't care about anything other than the issue at hand.

alexz721 said:

Not to be an asshat, but I wonder how many people would care if a mosquito-killing spree was announced.

Exactly the types of dumbass remarks i'm talking about

alexz721 said:

Thanks, oh totally right bastion of intelligence.

I am wrong in the above statements how???

dher5500 said:

Are you kidding???Please tell me where in any of these replies that state that we don't care about babies being killed.

You should re-read this thread without your magic glasses on. Only then will you see how dumb and idiotic that whole reply was.

Just because we are only talking about the dogs and would rather not get into an 'IRAQ' flame-fest doesn't in anyway mean we value animal life over humans.

Dear dumbshit,

Learn to read and/or get your head out of your ass. I wasn't aiming that at the posters on this thread so much as society as a whole. It's been proven that there is or at least has been government-sanctioned infanticide in China, and yet still many of the world's governments look the other way so they can continue trade with China, one of the world's strongest economies. In fact, the USA lists China as a Most Favored Nation whilst banning imports from Cuba which has far less human rights violations than even the US itself. It's just sick that everyone ignores the atrocities in China, then at the same time makign a big deal out of the slaughter of 50,000 dogs. You know what? The USA has done mass canine euthanasia before. In WWII, most German dog breeds were rounded up and killed; in modern times there are various states and cities banning certain breeds of dog and when they do, they kill all those dogs already living in the area.

So really the point here is that everyone is making a big fuss out of something that happens all the time here, whilst the country in question is known for killing it's own citizens on a regular basis.

Also, I don't know where you got the impression that my post was in any way related to Iraq.

Dear Completely retarded jackass,

I don't know what school you went to, but i was taught that the phrase 'no one cares' and the word 'everyone' means just that to include you, me, all the posters here, all the leaders of the world, all the private citizens, EVERYONE. If you posted it like you did above then i wouldn't have overreacted to a statement i thought was aimed at posters telling fodders to stop posting about IRAQ and torture of other humans.

But misunderstandings like these can be avoided if you keep your off-topic babble to a minumum.

You know damn well who that Iraq statement was aimed at so don't give me that i don't know how to read shit either.

EDIT: We aren't talking about scumbags here we are talking about scumbags in china. Duh!!!

EDIT #2: For those of us that need to be told The statement made above in the 1st Edit was intended to get us back on topic and make the point that while equally as wrong what the US did in WW2 has nothing to do with what we are talking about here.

So essentially you choose which scumbags to condemn. Excellent.

*beats a dog, noting that he isn't in China*

Where in my post did i claim that. I made painfully clear earlier in the thread if you take the time to read it that i am against all forms of crulity of animals, and other humans whatever that abuse may be.

My point is that the topic at hand here in this thread was about the beating death of dogs in china. Not babies being slaughtered, What the US did during world war II, or whats going on in Iraq. No I don't agree with it and i am just as outraged as you about these events and i made it painfully obvious throughout this thread.

Who I am targeting with remarks like these are people who seek to use these events as a guilt-trap against everyone who posted in this thread displaying outrage and anger at the article up for discussion.

It's not the killing of the dogs that has me upset, it's the manner of doing so. China has had problems with rabies for years, and this is an immediate solution to the problem, eliminate the source. I just feel a simple shot to the brain is a lot more humane, and don't tell me freaking CHINA can't afford 50,000 bullets!! Bottom line, humane euthanization is what I want.

Kind of agree. However using China's logic they would have to kill cats, mice, rats, squirels, just about every animal to completely wipe out rabies. Dogs aren't the only animals that carry rabies.

Rabies is a problem.. OK you offer vacinations for people's pets instead of having them killed humanely or not.

dher5500 said:

Exactly the types of dumbass remarks i'm talking about

That's not really a dumbass statement. It makes sense. He is making a point that a mosquito is commonly labeled as a pest. Mosquito or a dog. A life is a life.

Actually i kind of see his point know... (Though when he made the statement i have $50 that says he was being a wise-ass)

We see mosquitos as pests and we kill them the same as the chineese see the dogs pests. There can probably be better ways to solve both of these problems without any life being destroyed.

That being said though baronofhell is right though that when pests become problems and it is deemed that the ONLY OPTION LEFT is to thin out the population care has to be made that the animals in question suffer as little as possible if not at all.

Being a dog owner my self I think thats very wrong. Any one that has ever had a dog knows that they become a part of your family. They become just as impoetant to you as any member of your family.

There are some other ways that China could combat rabies other then taking some one dog form them and beating them to death on the spot. If it was my dog they were killing I'd be in jail for assault or even murder.

dher5500 said:

There can probably be better ways to solve both of these problems without any life being destroyed.

Your world sounds like a happy place. EDIT: People are stupid, scared and hunger for blood. I believe you yourself wanted to see a few of the culprits beaten to death or tortured right?

A good clubbing should last under a minute - that is a quick death. It could be worse. They could be using guns. I wouldn't put it past anybody in that vile country consider even a mortal wound as a job well done and leave the dogs lying there for hours or days. Ranged weapons aren't that accurate in civie hands and ammo costs money. Besides there's a chance of hitting and killing other people.

The dogs could have been rounded up and boiled, drowned, gassed, electrocuted, cut up and torn apart. Thank God for clubbing eh?

There have been bigger crimes in the history of China. I don't think much of this culling, but since it is China... the govenment has always been insanely barbaric, it won't change so why care? Lets just shake our heads in their direction and say 'Well I never!'

Btw, I don't hate the Chinese people, but they seem to despise me.

In my opinion, better the death of 50000 of animals than the death of 2000 humans.

We arent at the top of the food chain for no reason, and honestly, they're just dogs.

There's a point where animal rights stops and common sense starts. I'd rather my people are dogless than dying.

fodders said:

People in the Western world feel a stronger connection between canine's than seals. However, it's certainly not like there aren't millions of people here that oppose the seal clubbing.

Rotting Corpse said:

If it was my dog they were killing I'd be in jail for assault or even murder.

No you wouldn't, since your brains would be smeared on the pavement next to your dog's.

dher5500 said:

And common sense says buy/develope a rabies vaccine to prevent the disease in the first place.

In your world where money doesnt exist and everything runs on dreams and candycanes.

Man, you sure have gotten your panties in a knot over this whole thread, even though it doesnt effect you and if you really gave a damn you'd be over there sticking your foot in the government's ass.

[/me sticks foot in government's ass. government blows foots off with shotgun. Damnit...Guess I should have stayed home and bitched about this on the forum][/Sarcasm]

It isn't so much the culling that got me upset as much as the matter it was done and it was done excessively. You can usually tell when an animal has rabies. So why destroy apparetly healthy animals? Most countries has laws that order dogs that have attacked a human destroyed. I'm not against this if its done in a humane matter. So instead of destroying sick animals and proven vicious animals (ie, have attacked another human or has a history of attacking other animals) they distroy them all.

Thats like saying one person in NYC catches 'bird flu' the US government panics and orders the whole city destroyed to prevent a country wide outbreak...

Let me tell you something, once an animal gets rabies, you kill it. So instead of taking the time to ID all these dogs and waste more time in which these animals could be infecting other animals or even humans, they decide to make the sacrifice and eliminate a major source of the disease. I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm saying that humans are more important than dogs. Anyone who thinks otherwise is foolish.

And how can you have "excessive" culling, isnt that what the word means?

And it isnt like a bird flu victim, that's a human; not a dog.

I can't accept the fact that completely wiping out a species of animal in a whole country can be considered an effective disease control iniative. Even if said animals are causing the disease in question. I think the Chinese government is lazy and cheap and this is the best they can come up with. Yes China is a poor country as a whole, but I gaurentee you that their leaders aren't poor...

We sure wiped out a lot of cows etc over here in the UK when mad cow disease hit our shores. What about the millions of chickens culled over bird flu?

That's called a "knee jerk reaction", or being reactionary, which is exactly what China is doing. Humans aren't exactly very logical at times, and when the threat of anything appears, we tend to get a little trigger happy and wipe out the source entirely rather than finding a more benign solution. It's not right when anybody does it.