Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peach freak

Question about Plutonia in Doom Builder

In Map06: Baron's Lair of Plutonia, you start the map by seeing a skull in front of you. When you walk under it, you get a Plasma Gun, Rocket Launcher, Chaingun, and Super Shotgun. I checked this out in Doom Builder and saw the weapons were in different locations of the map, not under the skull. Also, how do you pick up the weapons when you can't see them? How do you do this in Doom Builder?

My other question was in Map03: Aztec of Plutonia. When getting to the Blue Key, you walk across a bridge with an invisible floor. Below you is a pit, but you walk over the pit in the air (in between the torches). How do you make a bridge like that where you walk on an invisible floor with a floor below you?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

peach freak said:
I checked this out in Doom Builder How do you do this in Doom Builder?

I think you have answered your own question.

To create an invisible sector simply have both sides of the lines refer itself.

Basically if you create a sector who sector number is 1, the front sides of the line refer to sector 0 and the back side refer to sector 1. Having both sides refer to sector 1 will make the sector invisible but still has the same collision/height of that sector.

You can find more info on this here http://www.doomworld.com/tutorials/regintro.php

As for Map06, it uses additional player 1 objects placed near the item/weapons. When you walk on the 'cube' the dummy players are raised and touches the items. When they touch it, the player in control (you) gets effected.

Check that link again for information on voodoo dolls. Study the map as well and you'll see how the dummy players are used.